Back stabbed

"Are you sure this is going to work?" Lyla turned to face Bella.

"It should. I mean, what could go wrong?" Bella answered, slightly grinning.

"Lots of things! And no one is inside the dragon, it thinks for itself!" Lyla cried as the sky darkened.

The swells of waves slowed and eventually stopped.

"Are you ready?" Bella whispered.

"You bet." Lyla muttered back.

A glowing blue bulb floated under water towards them. Bubbles started floating to the surface of the water. The two mermaids inches backwards as the creature rose from the sea, it's body forming its massive head and teeth until the giant was finished changing and it roared. The girls spun around and swam as fast as they could towards the island. They quickly turned the long way around to give the others time.

Zach lined up at the end, next to Weilan, then Ondina, Mimmi, Nixie, Serena and Emily. They faced the calm waters waiting. Lewis and Will hid in the brush near by while Emma, Cleo and Rikki watched behind them. Rita and Veridia stood close behind them. They all turned to see the waves crashing from behind Lyla and Bella as they swam. They reached the shore.

"Now!" Weilan yelled to Lewis and Will as the climbed out and pulled the mermaids into the shore, far away from the water as they dried their tails off.

"Go!" Zach called to Group one, Bella, Emily and Serena.

They heald out their hands and twisted them. The dragons skin turned rubbery, weird as if you touched it, it would feel like jello. It roared and shot flame at them but the first row of people quickly cast, Turn the Tide on the flame so it shot back and made it angrier. Erik smirked from behind the tree line.

"Ok, go!" Ondina screamed to Group two, Rikki, Nixie and Mimmi.

They squeezed their fingers towards they palm, the dragons rubbery skin slowly started to steam and before anyone could say anything, Emma, Lyla and Weilan heald their palm to face the Dragon and it froze soild. Zach was about to blow it up with Cleo when,

"Stop!"

The ice around the Dragon melted. It roared and escaped back into the sea. They all spun around to face Erik walking down the beach.

"What are you doing?" Ondina sighed.

"You let it get away!" Zach rolled his eyes.

"Hey Weilan. Why don't you explain to your friends while I escape?" Erik cackled, turning himself invisable.

They all looked to Weilan, Ondina barely noticing her moon ring slipping off her finger.