Chapter 15 | Peace Offerings

15

─── • ─── 

ISABELLA

I unwillingly open my eyes to a dark room and the sound of someone pounding on my door. I try turning over to look at the clock on my nightstand, but my body is tangled in the sheets and my eyes are fuzzy.

Somehow, I escape my rope-like blankets and see that it's 12:37 am.

Knock, knock, knock!

I let out an audible groan and force myself out of bed. I somehow make it to the front door without running into anything and sleepily turn the doorknob, ready to flip shit on the person behind it.

"I've always wondered what you wear to bed when you're not covered in vomit." My eyes instantly widen, darting to Miles in his pajamas.

"Miles!" I attempt to cover myself with the door, realizing I didn't put pants on. "What are you doing here? It's twelve in the morning, we have classes tomorrow!"

"I know for a fact both of our classes don't start until eleven." His eyebrow lifts with amusement. "I thought I'd pay a little visit."

"I was asleep! Peacefully, might I add."

"Can I come in? I don't want people seeing me in my pajamas."

"What? No!" I shriek. "You shouldn't have come here in the first place, let alone in your pjs!"

His brown eyes glimmer, begging to come in. His hand finds mine, and he laces our fingers together, smirking. "I brought a peace offering."

"What kind of peace offering?"

"Popcorn and marshmallows." He leans in. "Assuming you have the hot chocolate here." My brows knit together, contemplating whether I want to invite him in. Of course, I do, but is that the logical thing to do?

"Okay." I give in. "But I need you to close your eyes."

"Why?"

"Just because," I snap. He shrugs his shoulders and shuts his eyes, obliging. I step out from behind the door that was once shielding me and grab his hand, pulling him into my apartment.

"Can I open them now?" he nags like a child.

"No. Stay here, I'll be right back." Before I dash down the hallway to my room, I turn around and find him staring directly at my black underwear.

"Miles!"

He bites his lip as eyes move up my body, taking in my barely clothed body. "That's a lot better than a robe."

I flip him off and storm to my room. When I close the door behind me, I smile like an idiot. The truth is, I didn't hate him looking at me.

I return to the living room to find Miles sprawled out on the couch pretending he's asleep. His right leg is perched upwards while his left leg hangs down over the side and his arms are spread out.

"I know you're not asleep, Asswipe," I say, leaning over him.

Suddenly his arms shoot out, grab me and pull me on top of him, causing me to scream. He holds me tight against his rock-hard chest so I can't move.

"That was rude of you to wake me."

"Says the one coming to my apartment at twelve at night." I try wriggling out of his grasp, but he just holds me tighter.

"Stop fighting it, Beauty, I know this is where you want to be." His face twists into a shit-eating grin; I fight back a blush.

"I want to be in the kitchen making popcorn, but I can't because I'm being held against my will." He says nothing and continues to stare behind me, clearly checking my non-existent ass out.