Chapter 21 | Jump his Bone

21

─── • ─── 

ISABELLA

"Finally!" Addy squeals, jumping up and down. "It's about damn time you guys started dating! Did you jump his bone?"

My jaw drops and I swat her arm. "No, Addy, but thank you for asking."

"I'm happy for you." She nudges me. "See, I knew what I was doing leaving you there alone."

I snort, opening my textbook. "Yes, I have you to thank. But now you have to scram because I need to study."

I turn back to my desk, resuming my study session. But like an idiot, I can't stop smiling or thinking about last night. His lips felt almost exactly like I imagined, but better.

I have kissed other guys before. Some were short-term boyfriends and some for the heck of it. But I can safely say I never felt anything remotely similar to how I felt with Miles. He was gentle and needy, and he touched me with such admiration.

Now he's mine, and that frightens me. Even though I said I trust him, it scares me he doesn't trust himself. Having your heart broken hurts like hell. It feels like someone reaching into your chest, grabs your heart, and squeezes until it pops and you don't feel anything anymore. But I can't fear that if I want to be happy.

My thoughts are interrupted by my phone. I hastily grab it, thinking it's Miles. I pout slightly when I see it's just a text from Lucas.

I open messages and bold words pop up on my screen.

"We need to talk - Lucas"

After receiving that text message, I don't hesitate to meet Lucas at Rosie's. He wouldn't talk to me over the phone, which I found strange. So, I had to come here.

I slide into the seat across from him and he greets me with a coffee he already paid for. Although it makes me slightly uncomfortable, I thank him, digging for cash in my wallet, but he dismisses my payment.

"No need to pay me back, it's on me for agreeing to meet. How are you?" he questions.

"Oh, well, thank you." I cast a coy smile. "I'm pretty good under the circumstances."

"What circumstances?

"Exams." I scrunch my nose in disgust.

"Oh yeah, I've been studying my ass off. Sorry If I interrupted your studying." I tell him he interrupted nothing, albeit he did. Suddenly his mood changes.

He stares at me deadpan. "Anyway, I needed to speak with you about something."

"About?"

"Miles," he says casually. The mention of Miles' name catches me off guard and I furrow my eyebrows, confused. I don't think Lucas has any idea Miles and I are together. I mean, word gets around fast, but not that fast.

"What about him?" I question hesitantly.

Dramatically, he releases a breath. But he doesn't look like he's contemplating what to say, he looks like he's rehearsed this. "Miles and I went to high school together."

"Oh, I didn't know that."

"Yeah, I'm telling you this because you have a right to know before you get serious with him." Well, shit. "Well, we used to be best friends, but during our senior year, he changed. I was in a great relationship with this girl, and Miles was jealous." He sighs. "He got all the girls, but he wanted mine.