Chapter 23 | Fake ID's

23

─── • ─── 

ISABELLA

Well, it's safe to say that shut Miles up for a split second.

We're now on the beach, it's noon and I'm still giving Miles the silent treatment. He's off playing football with Jasper as Addy and I lie here on beach towels, tanning our absurdly pale skin. I watched them play for a while because why would I pass up that opportunity?

They have muscles like no other, but too bad my muscle boy is an Asswipe.

After I kissed him, I internally high-fived myself, and just when I thought I was safe, plop! Right into the mother-fucking water. The Asswipe looked down at me as I got pummeled by waves and thanked me for the kiss.

He thanked me.

So, I got up in my soaking wet clothes, didn't look or say a word to him, and stumbled my way back to the house. But of course, Miles cannot be ignored or rejected, so he tried making it up with compliments and sweet nothings. Sucks for him because I was too mad to listen.

I got a shower as slow as possible and then climbed into my side of the bed without saying a word.

"Bell..." he mumbles into the pitch-black room. I hear the sheets rustle as he turns onto his side.

I stay silent.

When he doesn't receive a reply, he sighs loudly. "I'm sorry! I thought it would be funny." He scoots closer. "Please, cuddle with me."

Damn it, he just had to go there... that's a hard thing to reject. I feel his almost naked body press up against my backside and I bite my lip.

"Please Bell, I'm cold."

"Then put some clothes on," I say sassily. But truth be told, I don't want him to. Miles in boxers? That's a treat.

"But, I don't want to." He pouts. "Come on, cutie." He slowly slides his hand over my hip to my stomach and pulls me against him. I don't fight back, as long as he knows I'm mad I'm fine with that. The warmth from his body is soothing, and it instantly lulls me into a deep sleep that I desperately need.

But now we're fully awake, and I'm still giving him the silent treatment. Not so much because I'm angry, it's just funny to see his reaction.

"Hey, can we go get a drink?" Addy sits up from her towel, brushing the sand off of her.

"Yeah, want to ask the boys if they want anything?" I question, pulling my hair up into a loose bun. She says yes and runs off to where the boys are fooling around. I stand up and grab our beach bag and then look back at Miles, who is already looking at me.

He brings his hand up to his mouth and blows me a kiss. I pretend to catch it. When I see him smile, I pretend to toss it down into the sand and stomp my foot angrily on it. His face twists into a childish pout, causing me to laugh.

He is adorable.

After they announce they want drinks too, Addy and I make our way back up to the house, but we are halted when a frisbee comes out of nowhere, hitting me right in the leg.

"Ow! What the hell!" I shout as I grab the spot of impact. She burst out laughing and hastily I glower at her.

"Oh my God! Are you alright?" I hear a deep voice shout. I turn my head to see a divine, Latino guy running towards me. His full six-pack glistens like a vampire's skin would. Except he's exquisitely tan. Holy hell.