Chapter Four

Kyra clutched her ice cold hands in her lap, her feet tapping uncontrollably on the marbled floor. Nervous, she struggled to keep her breathing regulated as she focused her gaze on the door that was left ajar.

She knew very well what was expected of her as a new bride —Vihaan's new bride. Her mother had prepared her for this but she couldn't help but feel nervous. Only a night ago, she was simply someone's daughter, but here she sat, in a strange house, a strange room, a strange bed, and most of all, a stranger's wife. A man she was convinced despised her. She had been taken aback at his presence at their wedding, having fully expected him not to show up. As the ceremony progressed, she had found herself constantly wishing that he hadn't shown up. He hardly made eye contact with her but when he did, his glares curdled her blood.

With every second that ticked by, she became more terrified of the man that was now her husband. Her body shivered in fear and she pressed her lips together to keep from crying as she waited patiently for him in the massive bedroom that she was now seated in.

Tearing her eyes from the door, she scanned the large room, comparing its size to the one she occupied when she lived with her parents, and concluding that her room fell a little short.

Spotting a vibrant gold colored wall with intricate silver patterns, dark brown curtains hung from the two windows in the room. The Queen sizes bed she was seated on, drawer and dresser, were the only furniture on the room.

Burying her feet further into the soft white rug underneath, she drummed anxiously on her knee, turning her attention back to the door.

Loud footsteps from the hallway drifted to her then. Sitting upright, she placed her hands on the bed and struggled to regulate her breathing as Vihaan's tall frame appeared at the door.

His eyes settled on her, an angry frown pulling at the edges of his brows as he maintained his position by the door.

Knowing fully well that he was still upset, Kyra glanced down at her trembling hands, unsure of what was expected of her. He must have stood there for several more seconds, before finally making his way into the room, her eyes trailing his black shoes as they moved closer. She was almost certain she wasn't breathing as he neared, her teeth clamping down on her lower lip and her heartbeat slowing down. Mentally, she recounted her mother's words:

You must please him, Kyra, especially on the night of your wedding. You will not always know what to do, but his instructions will lead you.”

Her fingers buried themselves in the white bedsheet as she watched his feet turn the corner and disappear into a door she assumed led to the bathroom.

Releasing a soft sigh, she slouched further into the bed, waiting patiently for his return.

“Still here, Kyra?”

Stunned, she jerked upright, her gaze following the direction of the voice to find him standing by the bathroom door. He leaned against the doorframe, his arms folded across his chest.

“I... I...” She stammered, feeling the cold arm of fear wrap around her mind.

He watched her, amusement shrouding his features. “You are pathetic, you know that, don't you?”

She glanced down, fighting her tears. If only she could know what it was about her that offended him so much. If only she could make things righ—

Something settled on her chin, jerking her head upright.

Gasping, her eyes immediately came to settle on cold green eyes.

“Why are you here?” He glared at her. Fighting hard to keep her tears from falling, she swallowed.

What do you want from me, Vihaan?! Why do you despise me so much?! Losing restraint on her tears, they spilled down her cheeks.

“See your problem, Kyra? Weak! I ask you a simple question and you cry!” He mocked, retracting his hands. “Fine, I won't touch you.” He laughed. “You didn't think I'd touch you right?” He watched her pale expression. With a shake of his head, “I'll let you sleep here, only because I wouldn't want my father to suspect that anything is wrong. I wouldn't want him to think I wasn't fulfilling my duties to my... Wife. Duties I will never fulfill.”

Helpless, she wrapped her arms around herself, grief causing her body to tremble. Was he saying he would never consummate their marriage?

“Goodnight Kyra.” He turned around and laid on the bed. Settled on the bed, she felt his eyes on her. “Get some sleep, Kyra, you'll be needing it.”

Copyright ©2016 All rights reserved.

****

Author's Note :

I guess I'm taking up a lot of work by writing two books but what can I say?!

Anyway, did you like this chapter? Do vote on it. Comments are welcome also whether negative or positive, I'm all ears.

Have a great day! 💋