Chapter Thirty

“After examining the evidence put before us, we've decided to retire you, Mr. Jindal.”

The words spoken was enough to knock the air out of Mr. Jindal's lungs. To think that after so many years of toiling to build his company, he was being kicked out of the doors by a group of nobody's and an ungrateful daughter.

Mr Jindal's gaze swept the faces that stared back at him, his eyes coming to settle on Kyra. She might have succeeded in pushing him out of the doors of the company but he wasn't done with her yet. Perhaps his silence gave her the inkling that he had given up the fight. Well, he was just beginning.

He forced a smile and offered Kyra a slight nod, his eyes passing across the message to her that he wasn't done yet.

Kyra returned his smile and rose to her feet. For a brief moment, she stood there, saying nothing as her eyes remained transfixed on him. He noticed how different she was, perhaps even taller as she stood before all of them, adorned in a gray tailored suit with her hair pulled to the back of her head in a bun.

Kyra released a breath and began strolling around the table, like a lion surrounding its prey, waiting for the right moment to pounce. Her hands were clasped behind her back in a show of authority as she continued her slow movement around the table. Stopping just above Mr. Jindal who sat at the head of the table, she placed her hands on his chair and leaned down.

“Hello, Father.” She whispered into his ears. “If you think I'm letting you leave this office without a fight, you're highly mistaken.”

The tone of Kyra's voice was enough to implant fear in his heart but he was determined not to let it show. He'd kill Kyra, that was certain. He didn't need a daughter who was bound to continuously show up in his life and ruin things for him. But for now, he'd act civil and accept the retirement.

Ignoring Kyra's threat, he rose to his feet, his eyes settling on her before turning and reaching for the door.

“I would also like to add the fact that my father is responsible for my mother's death.” Her words struck him, forcing him to a halt as his fingers stood frozen above the doorknob.

“He killed her by strangling her, choking the very life out of her.”

Barely breathing, he forced his rigid body to turn around, his eyes immediately settling on wide sets of eyes in the room. The blood drained from his face, terror racing through his veins. Kyra's announcement came as a shock —a huge, terrifying shock that left him frozen on his position by the door.

For a brief moment, he blamed himself. But for sentiment and confidence in the fact that he would always have control of his daughter simply by threatening her, things wouldn't have come right down to this moment with Kyra standing there, before an entire room of people, and pointing an accusing finger at him. He should have killed her when he had the chance back at the Sodhi mansion. No, he shook his head solemnly, he should have killed her the night he killed Anja and Kyra showed up. Perhaps another mistake he made was arranging Kyra's marriage to Vihaan. Perhaps he should have considered the fact that love would strengthen Kyra. But he never saw any of this coming. Love wasn't supposed to strengthen Kyra, it was meant to weaken her further, like it had weakened Anja.

“What?” Kyra clucked her tongue as she took steps toward him until she was standing before him. “Don't tell me you're surprised, Father.” She pouted her lips.

Furious, Mr Jindal didn't stop to think about his action for a moment. He reached forward and grabbed Kyra's neck, tightening his fist around it until he had cut off the air supply to her lungs.

Kyra struggled against his hold around her neck, her face turning red as she clawed at his hands, but he was stronger. He had played around with her for too long, perhaps it was high time he sent her to the grave to meet her accursed mother! He didn't work this hard and for this long to hand over his business to a traitorous daughter!

Anja was the reason for his plight! If he hadn't allowed himself to be dragged into a marriage with a woman he was incapable of loving, he wouldn't have a daughter who was bent on destroying him! With the memory of Anja heightening his fury, he tightened his hold around Kyra's neck until it threatened to snap around his fingers.

In that moment, he didn't see or hear anybody else, all he saw was Kyra as she choked before him. Her knees buckled, her body sagging in his grip as she fought for air, her face paling. Her fingers clawing at his hands, weakened as his grip around her neck tightened. Her eyeballs bulged as she beheld him with fear in her eyes, her lips parting in a useless attempt to take in oxygen.

Nothing could have compared with his satisfaction at the knowledge of her torture and soon departure. Forcing her body forward so she could stare into his eyes as she breathed her last, he allowed a wicked grin claim his face.

“You were stupid to try to fight me, Kyra. Did you think you would win? Hm?” He rose a brow in mockery.

He wasn't a man to be trifled with. Killing her meant nothing to him and it didn't matter that there were many witnesses in the room, he'd bribe them all to keep quiet and would kill the ones who refused to accept his bribe. He'd bribe the entire police force and if the case somehow makes it to trial, he'd bribe the judge. Kyra would die! And like Anja, there would be no justice for Kyra's death.

Copyright © 2017 Lily Orevba All rights reserved.