Chapter Fifteen

"I'm here for other things." Kapoor said tersely, his eyes darting from left to right as he felt the shame of being in a place like this seeping into his reputation and ruining it.

"I didn't realize there would exist another reason to come here." Her shrill feminine voice grated on Kapoor's nerves.

He heaved a breath he didn't realize he had been holding. "I need your help." He finally answered, irritated.

"Is that so?"

Kapoor didn't think he'd stoop this low. Never, in his entire life did he think he'd have to stoop this low, but this was how low Vihaan was making him stoop. The idiot had fallen in love with Kyra! At first, Kapoor didn't think he was seeing correctly. It almost seemed impossible. Yet, the more Kapoor saw, the more he became completely certain of what it was he was looking at. And the sight brought a bitter taste to his mouth.

"Yes," He answered simply, turning to face her. "Yes, I need you..."

****

Kyra felt a dull stab of a pain in her chest for the third time that week. She was beginning to get worried, but she chose to ignore it. She didn't want to bother Vihaan and she didn't want to exaggerate the pain she was starting to feel in spite of the pills she was taking.

It didn't make any sense. She took her pills diligently, why was she in pains?

A sigh escaped her lips as she took the pills Vihaan held out to her. If she would say so herself, these pills were beginning to feel absolutely useless -her chest felt constricted. At first she thought it was because she was depressed about her mother's death, but as the days went by and the pain worsened, she almost felt like a child again -confused about the pain in her chest, and afraid to tell her parents of it. In this case, she was afraid to tell Vihaan. When she had become old enough and the pain had become unbearable, her parents thought she had been imagining the pain, especially because it had taken the doctors a few years to diagnose it.

"Kyra, are you okay?" Vihaan touched her face.

With a sigh, she nodded and quickly downed her pills.

He pulled her against himself and she leaned into his embrace, his cologne filling her nostrils.

"You don't look okay." He whispered against her hair. "You look distracted lately. Is there something I need to know?"

Kyra knew Vihaan cared about her but she still held back some of her emotions around him. She didn't know why but she couldn't bring herself to completely be free around him. She knew Vihaan hated her weakness and as much as it was within her capacity, she wanted to be strong around him.

"I'm fine," She answered. "Just stressed out."

"Is this about your mother?"

She sighed. If she didn't give him a reason, he'd keep pressing. "Yes." She lied.

He tightened his hold around her. "I'm sorry."

Pulling away from his hold, she stared at him. What was that she saw in his eyes every time he looked at her -love? She shook her head inwardly; it was impossible, Vihaan couldn't be in love with her. But if he was in love with her, she didn't know because he hadn't uttered those words to her.

And did she love him? Kyra stared deeply into his eyes, in search of the answer to her question. She loved the way his touch filled her with unspeakable feelings. She loved the way his hold around her made her feel safe. She loved the fact that he was around to comfort her. And he was trying, for real, to be a good husband. No longer did he have that sour look in his eyes. He was kind and loving, not getting offended when she showed any sign of weakness.

"Do you love me, Vihaan?" The words were out before she could even stop them. She pulled her eyelids shut, praying with all her soul that her lips hadn't uttered those words or that Vihaan hadn't heard them.

Her body trembled at the look she imagined would be on his face -a scowl maybe? He probably mocked her in his mind. She was such an idiot for asking.

His silence did nothing to alleviate her worries. She decided in what seemed like an hour of waiting, that he hadn't heard her. Or he chose to ignore the question. No, he probably didn't hear her because knowing Vihaan, he wouldn't miss the opportunity to mock her.

With a sigh, she decided to relieve herself of the darkness by opening her eyes.

She lifted her gaze to Vihaan who stood before her, a look she couldn't quite read on his face. Kyra knew in that second, that he did hear her question.

"Kyra," He took hold of her hand.

Her heart drummed loudly in her ears, causing her to fear that she wouldn't be able to hear him past the loud drumming.

"I'm only now realizing I haven't said those words to you, forgive me."

She found herself trembling with anticipation as she nodded her head quickly. She wanted him to move to the part where he says those words to her.

A smile brightened his features as he leaned down and planted a kiss on her lips. She wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him into her embrace and without stopping to think, she whispered against his lips, "I love you, Vihaan."

Her mind was flooded with emotions she couldn't begin to name as she said those words. She loved him. He was the only man, next to her family, she cared about.

Vihaan chuckled. "I thought that was my question?" His eyes sparkled.

She offered a playful frown.

"Alright, enough of the suspense," He smiled, "I love you, Kyra."

Copyright © 2016- 2017 Lily Orevba All rights reserved.