Chapter Eight

Ignoring every red light while speeding through the roads of Delhi, Vihaan focused his vision on what was ahead, trying not to remember the infuriating conversation he had with his father at the office in front of the entire board!

His tires screeched loudly as he swerved fast enough to avoid knocking down an innocent pedestrian who was yelling obscenities at him as he sped off.

His father never missed the opportunity to belittle him. He was used to that fact. But what he could and would never tolerate was being belittled before a small group of people that worked directly under him, striping him of his self respect and self worth as a man. He couldn't go home, afraid he'd destroy all the furniture in the building, so he drove himself to a private lounge in the city.

His eyes followed every scantily clad girl who passed before his table, strutting her stuff before him, hoping he'd beckon her. And he would, normally. But he was married! He grunted, taking an angry swing of the tequila that sat before him. He was married and he had more honor than laying with a strange woman.

He shook his head, upset at his foolish reasoning. Kyra was not his wife! Her innocent brown eyes that seemed to reach his very soul, beckoning to him, yet fearful of him, only helped infuriate him as he waved at a female that was just about passing by his table. She smiled at him, coming to settle beside him while resting her hands on his knees.

“Hello.”

He stared at her, surprised a girl of her profession could afford an English class. Her black mass of hair was cut short to a wavy bob that rested on the tip of her shoulder blades, unlike Kyra's full lush of black, long hair that seemed to run all the way to her waist. He wondered how she managed to maintain it with that length. Would it bury his hands completely if he ran his fingers through it? What would it feel like?

With a shake of his drowsy head, he refocused his attention on the female whose smile didn't even reach her eyes. He had seen Kyra smile once and it was a smile that reached her eyes.

He swore. Forget Kyra, she's the reason you're in this mess.

Instead, he allowed himself be led by the hand, up the stairs and into a private room with the female; an action that would haunt him for a long time to come.

Copyright © 2016-2017 All rights reserved.