Chapter Twenty Seven

Mr Jindal's gaze scanned the faces of the people seated before him, a wide smile creasing his face at the realisation that Kyra was noticeably absent from the meeting. It had been a week since he laid his eyes on her and he couldn't have been more thankful for her absence.

He let his eyes travel around the room once more, scanning every face as if in a bid to read their mind and figure out where their loyalties laid. He waited a few seconds, half expecting Kyra to walk in through the door. When she didn't, a broader smile settled on his face.

"Thank you all for coming..." hHe began.

*

Kyra pushed the bedroom door open and popped her head in, her eyes coming to rest on Vihaan's motionless form on the bed. Seeing him, a smile settled on her face. It had been a bad idea to bring him home with her after his accident but she was left with no choice and as the days progressed with him in her house, she was reminded once again of how much she loved him. It also didn't help matters that she had told him of this fact when he was lying half dead on the hospital bed. Thankfully, he hadn't brought it up since then.

She stepped into his room and walked around his bed. Placing a note she had written for him on the side table for when he wakes up, she snuck a peek at his face -his eyelids stood close, hiding behind them the wonders of his lovely green eyes, his lips were parted a little to release the soft sound of his snores and his chin was covered in days worth of beards.

A part of her wanted to lean down and plant a kiss on his lips but she fought against the urge to do so for she had a much more pressing issue at hand and ever since she brought Vihaan home with her, she didn't allow herself the luxury to think that things might work out between them. It was bad enough he cheated but he also tried to have her killed. No, she shook her head as if to scold herself, she couldn't allow herself be drawn into his dangerous schemes again.

Straightening, she made her way out of the apartment building and got herself a taxi to take her to work. She had stayed away far too long for comfort and from the report she got from a staff, her father had planned a whole meeting of the the board, without inviting her. But Kyra couldn't be bothered. If her father thought he could be rid of her by getting important board members to vote her out of the doors of the company, then he just might have dug his own grave.

The taxi pulled to a stop and she made her way into the company's building. She pushed the door to the office open and from the look on her father's face as he sat in a gathering of men and women she couldn't recognize, he wasn't only unhappy to see her, he was shocked.

"I'm sorry I'm late." She offered a bright smile before finding herself an empty seat between a gray head man and a middle aged woman. "Go ahead, Father, sorry to interrupt."

Mr. Jindal bit down on his lower lip as if to keep from yelling. "I don't recall inviting you for this meeting, Kyra."

"I don't need an invitation to attend a meeting that concerns my company."

"Have you gone mad?" His voice rose several notches high, eyes catching fire.

She could tell from the look on her father's face that he was losing control of his temper. A broad smile settled on her face. "It would seem you're the mad one, Father." Her eyes traveled around the table. "Or perhaps my Father considers everyone of you mad seeing as he's been stealing millions of Rupee right under your noses."

A loud silence settled in the room as the shocked faces of men and women stared at her -even her father seemed shocked.

Rising to her feet, Kyra began to share copies of the company's account records around the table. When she got to where her father sat, she offered him a warning glare before placing the documents before him. "Loop holes, everywhere!" She straightened and faced them. "My father has been stealing from this company for over twenty years."