New Year's Special

Hello everyone!! Here is the New Year's Special I promised!! This might be longer due to some emotional events.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Avalon's P.O.V.
Its been a couple days since I blacked out with Kirito. We both have been really down and we no longer went on jobs as a group, we went solo. Although we were down, the rest of the guild was getting ready for the New Years Countdown brought to you by Lacrima Vision. Everyone was worried about Kirito and I, especially Master. Kirito and I got an apartment right next to Lucy's in order to save money. Also we needed some alone time from the guild, since we stayed there since we joined. 2 days ago, the orange-haired guy from the raid, named Kiabo, burst through the doors of our guild and called Kirito and I, Beaters. Which was a beta tester and a cheater. Kirito laughed it off to protect the beta testers ,but now we were hated by most of FTO.
Kirito's P.O.V.
Ugh. I failed to protect Sachi and failed to protect Diabel and Kiabo just had to make it worst. My sins will forever haunt we ,but I just have to get through FTO first. The two of us went back to our new apartment where we both   went to our rooms and started crying. I pulled myself together, went to Avalon's room and asked "Do you want to go to the beach, to relax ourselves about everything?" Avalon got up from being face-down on her bed. Her hair was messed up and her face was red and wet. "Ok, lemme go clean myself up real quick." she said quietly. Avalon straightened her messed-up hair and went to the bathroom to wash her face. "Let's go." I said when she walked out. The two of us went into our inventory and equipped our cloaks. Hers had a hood, so she could hide her face.

Time skip to at the beach

Avalon's P.O.V.
We sat down to look at the sunset 🌅.

I rested my head on Kirito's shoulder

I rested my head on Kirito's shoulder. He leaned his head against mine. We shared the same pain, the same guilt, and the same punishment. The a message popped up. It read [Recording - From Sachi To Kirito and Avalon] We looked at each other in surprise. The recording said "Happy New Year Avalon, Kirito. By the time you hear this, I'll probably be dead. How can I explain this.... lets see. I never really wanted to leave the Town of Beginnings, but I knew if I fought with an attitude like that, I would end up dying someday. But that isn't anyone's fault. That's something I have to deal with. Avalon, Kirito, I always knew that if I died, you'd blame yourself. That's why I decided to record this for you two." I could hear Kirito sniffing as his tears fell on my lap. It continued "Sorry, but I know how powerful you guys are. I sorta peeked when you weren't looking. I wonder why you kept the secret of what secret of what level you really were, and I always wonder why you decided to fight with us. I don't know why though. You guys make me happy, so even if I die.... Promise me you will keep living, ok? Stay alive so you can see the end of this world, why it was created, why a weakling like me ended up here, and why you and me met. Please. That is my wish. Since I have some time left I will sing a song for you." She hummed a sweet tune and as soon as it was over, she continued "Anyways, I'm so glad I met you two. And that I could be with you, even though it was only for a little while. Thank you........Goodbye." the recording stop. Kirito and I started to cry even harder, holding each other because it we were the only ones who felt the same pain. We calmed down after a bit and then Gray came.

Gray's P.O.V.

Mira asked "Hey Gray, can you please go find Kirito and Avalon?" "Sure" I replied. After about 20 minutes of looking, I found the two hugging on the beach with a sunset. Are they on a date?! Avalon finally noticed me, "Hello Gray'' she said with tears in her eyes. Kirito turned around and started blushing as he realized what he did. I explained "Mira wants you two back at the guild for the celebration. Take your time." I walked off. "I just had to walk in on that." I thought.

Kirito's P.O.V.

Great, now Gray's gonna beat me up when Avalon isn't with me. The two of us walked back to the guild slowly. To break the silence, I said "Thanks for helping me get through this Avalon." She looked at me and said "Don't give yourself all the credit. You did the same to me Kirito." The two of us smiled for the first time in a week.

Avalon's P.O.V.

Gray pulled me to any empty corner. He pulled me into a hug and asked "You ok Avalon?" I was shocked at the gesture ,but said "Yeah, I'm fine now. Kirito helped me calm down." I could tell he tensed up a bit from me saying that. He replied "Ok, that's all I wanted to know." he let me go and he left. Natsu came up to me and asked worriedly "What happened to you during the raid?" I replied quietly "Oh, that. We vowed to protect the Moonlit Black Cats guild, but we failed to protect them and they died during the raid. My magic power bursted out of me and I blacked out from lack of magic energy and the emotions." Natsu's expression softened and he replied "It's gonna be ok. If you need anything just come to me. K?" I replied "Sure, Thanks Natsu." Gray yelled "Flame Brain, Avalon, the countdown's about to start!" We both came running to the huge Lacrima so we could see the countdown happening in Crocus. It was like the whole world yelled "5! 4! 3! 2! 1! Happy New Year!!!!!" Everyone cheered. The whole guild went outside to see the fireworks that the townspeople set off. We all ate cake, ate food, did a couple fights, all while Cana and Master drank together. In the middle of the celebration, I thought "Its been three months since this death game started and yet we are still celebrating while our familes are drowned in sorrow." Kirito felt the same way. We partied until 3 A.M. and Kirito and I went back to our apartment. Yesterday I asked Kirito if I could use one of the two extra rooms for stuff. By stuff I meant my art ,but I didn't want him to know that. He said ok and we used the other one as a guest bedroom, just in case. Anyways, I went into my art room and planned everything, I would most likely paint on the walls, so I would paint them white first tomorrow. After my planning, I went to Kirito's room and checked on him. He was sleeping soundly in his all black room. I went to my room which was black, gray, and gold. I changed into a tang top, and black sweatpants to sleep. Crashing down on the bed, I pulled up the covers and fell asleep.

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Fairy Tail, Sword Art Online, any videos, or any images (unless I say so). I only own my OCs. Copyright not intended.

Fighting for fun and fighting for who you love are two very different concepts.      -Avalon Miyazaki