Just Thought I Should Check In Pt. 1

Kara Danvers sat on her couch, a little flustered. It had been quite the eventful day, even though it was only four o'clock. She had been found by one of Lillian Luthor's former goons, who had somehow recognized her as Supergirl while trying to rob a bank. He'd slammed her into a brick wall about a block away from CatCo. Naturally, she wasn't hurt, and her sister had turned up to help out, but the impact had been hard, and it had ruined her favorite pink cardigan. The DEO was locking the man up at that second.

Suddenly, there was a sharp knock on her door. Putting her hair up and her glasses back on, Kara pushed herself off of the couch, sighing, and answered the door. She was surprised to see Lena Luthor standing there, holding a plastic grocery bag. Seeing Kara, she smiled, and walked in.

"I'm glad to see you're alright. I saw you get shoved into that wall at the bank."

"Yeah... he just, uh, wanted to escape, and I guess I got in his way," Kara lied.

"That must've been frightening," Lena remarked.

Kara noticed that, try as she might to disguise it, there was a hint of worry under Lena's casual tone. Lena set the bag on the kitchen counter, pulling out a box.

"I brought you something. Thought you might appreciate a hot drink. It looked like you took a pretty hard hit."

"Oh, yeah," Kara said, trying to fake some kind of pain as she stumbled over to Lena. "My back's pretty screwed up. But, uh, I'm not much of a tea person."

Lena laughed. "I didn't think you were. Which is why I brought you this."

She turned the box around so that Kara could see the front. Kara gasped, grinning.

"Hot Cocoa! With mini marshmallows?"

Lena nodded. "With mini marshmallows."

"Oh, you're my favorite person in the whole world right now!" she cried, throwing her arms around Lena.

She threw in a fake grimace and a groan as Lena's hands hit her back. Flinching a bit, Lena backed away.

"I'm sorry."

"No, don't worry about it. It's alright," Kara assured her.

Just then, the doorknob jiggled, revealing Alex in the doorframe. She set her things down, back to Kara and Lena.

"Alright, we've locked up the guy who came at you... And Lena Luthor's in your apartment. Again," she said as she turned around.

"Yeah. She stopped by to bring me some hot chocolate and check on me. Isn't that nice?"

"Yeah, it is. Well, Maggie's waiting for me back at my place. If you've got Lena here, is it alright if I go?"

"Of course, of course. But, uh, Alex, could I talk to you for a sec?" Kara asked, her voice getting higher, as if nervous about something.

Alex nodded, and Lena busied herself in the kitchen. She easily found the mugs and began to make a cup of cocoa for Kara as Kara dragged Alex into the bathroom.

"Alex, she thinks I'm injured. What do I do?"

"Fake it. Be injured."

"I don't know how to do that!"

"Uh..." Alex began, thinking. "Well, groan whenever your back and shoulders touch something, try to stand unnaturally straight so it looks like it hurts to slouch, and do whatever she tells you. She looks like someone who knows a good bit about medical things."

"Ok... Do I need any fake injuries?"

Alex thought again, frowning. Kara looked at her expectantly. She needed her big sister to help her seem convincing. Lena couldn't know that she wasn't human.