Aftermath pt 1

The first sign of Kara's returning powers was her super hearing picking up some hushed voices from J'onn's office. He and Alex were worried about something, and Kara could just make it out.

"How could she have escaped the supermax prison, sir? I thought that place was supposed to be airtight. Could Lex escape the same way? Is my sister in danger?"

"I'm not sure, Danvers, but for now, we need to remain calm. It won't do anyone any good to panic, especially not Supergirl, not after all she's been through."

Kara tensed at the mention of her name, and she was pretty sure that Lena must've noticed the sudden flex of her bicep because she moaned and rolled over, bringing on of Kara's arms with her. Kara noticed that the sleeping woman was shivering and wrapped her arms tighter around her. It was colder than she would've liked, but she didn't see anyone around that could provide them with extra blankets.

After about ten minutes, Lena grew restless again. She tossed and turned and somehow ended up straddling her girlfriend. Not that Kara was complaining. Lena woke up a little while later to find herself on top of Kara's chest with her legs wrapped around the Kryptonian's waist. She flushed with embarrassment.

"This... is maybe not the most comfortable position?"

"I'm plenty comfortable," Kara assured her.

"Really?" Lena cocked an eyebrow, prompting butterflies in Kara's stomach as it always did. "Well, nevertheless, I'm sorry for invading your personally space."

"I'm not," Kara smirked and pressed her lips to Lena's. "Besides, you were cold."

"Feeling better?" Lena asked, trying to play it off but actually sounding really concerned.

"Yeah, thanks. You?"

"Not so bad. My thigh still stings, but it doesn't hurt like hell anymore."

"That's good," Kara remarked. She suddenly grew serious as she remembered something that had happened what she thought was the day before. "Listen, uh, we need to talk about... about your mother."

Lena stiffened, and Kara regretted her words immediately. She gave Lena another kiss in hopes of decreasing the shock value of her statement.

"Can we not right now?" Lena requested, blinking back tears.

"Of course," Kara told her, rubbing her back. "Whatever you want."

"I want to stay here. I want to stay right here with you and forget everything, just for a little bit, if that's alright."

"That's fine. Actually, that sounds great. Ice cream, potstickers, and Tarzan?" Kara suggested.

Lena nodded, seeming happy that suggestion. She took Kara's hands in her own.

"Me, you- ice cream, potstickers, Tarzan, and quiet."

"Sounds perfect," Kara told her, and it really did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ok, let's talk," Lena said, turning off Tarzan and sighing heavily.

"Do you hate Alex?" Kara blurted out before she could stop herself.

Lena furrowed her brows and answered, "Of course not."

"Are you sure, because she..." Kara trailed off, knowing full well that they were both aware of what Alex had done.

"Kara, you would've died. I'm just glad I didn't have to do it."

"Would you have been able to?"

"If it came down to you or her, I'd choose you every time. Every damn time."