We Don't Speak Of It

"Ok, so remember how you didn't want to go to that gala thing, so I graciously agreed to go with you?" Kara asked, plopping down into the seat across from Lena at Noonan's.

"Yes..." Lena answered, sounding unsure of where this conversation was going.

"Well, I have to do something that I'm not particularly looking forward to, and I was hoping you'd come with me."

"Of course," Lena responded, blushing a little at her eagerness. "I mean, if I have the time. What is it?"

"Don't turn into jealous Lena when I tell you..." Kara warned. "I made a bet with Mon-El that he couldn't eat an entire pizza in five minutes, which he won, so now I have to go get a drink with him, but not like human alcohol, this weird Kryptonian stuff that actually affects me."

"And why would that make me jealous?" Lena asked.

Kara blushed and reluctantly admitted, "Because he kissed me two weeks ago, when he was dying. He doesn't remember, but now I know that he likes me."

"Do I have to be worried about this guy?"

"Absolutely not," Kara assured her. "I think of him as a brother, nothing more. Plus, he's a daxamite, and you're prettier." She leaned in to give Lena a kiss. "But I'd still feel more comfortable if you'd come."

"Then of course I'll come."

"Great!" Kara squealed with excitement. "See you Thursday!"

"Mon- El's taking you out drinking on a work night?" Lena questioned.

"Well, Friday's Halloween, and Cat's making me come to this party that she's having. Is Thursday ok?"

"Thursday's fine. I'm sure it'll be fine."

"Good. I'll need you there."

"And why is that?"

"Because you make me happy, and drinking doesn't."

Lena smiled and reached across the table to grab Kara's hand. Kara looked into those green eyes and was glad to see that they were sparkling, a sign that Lena was content. She always found it easier to breath when her girlfriend was relaxed and happy. She was still a little uneasy about happy hour with Mon-El but Lena would be there, and all would be well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Work on Thursday came and went far more quickly that Kara would've liked. Lena was waiting for her when she left CatCo. They had agreed to walk to the alien bar they were meeting Mon-El at. Kara knew that Lena didn't quite understand her distaste for drinking, but she didn't really care to explain, so neither of them attempted to talk about it on the way over.

Mon-El seemed a little disappointed when Kara walked through the door holding Lena's hand, which only made Lena tighten her grip. Kara was really enjoying Lena's jealous side.

"Hey, Mon," she greeted.

"Kara!" he called excitedly. "I see you brought your girlfriend. What's wrong, dontcha trust me?"

"Of course I trust you. She's just here for..." Kara thought for a second. "Moral support."

Lena extended her hand, introducing herself. "Lena Luthor, pleasure to meet you. I've heard a lot about you."

"Not as much as I've heard about you," Mon-El assured her. He begins to imitate Kara. "Lena is so pretty. Guess what Lena told me the other day? Gotta bounce, coffee with Lena, my girlfriend, my hot girlfriend. Alex, you were right, Lena loved the silver dress!"

Kara went red and smacked him in the stomach a little harder than she should have.

"Mon, I think Lena's heard enough."

"No, I want to hear more," Lena smirked. Her eyes flashed teasingly. "It was just getting good."

"No, no, Kara's right," Mon-El said. "We came here to drink!"

Kara felt like she was about to be sick as Mon-El handed her a glass full of the thing that makes her brain weak. Lena appears to notice her hesitation and puts a hand on her arm, giving her a look that seems to say, Go ahead. I'll make sure you don't do anything too stupid. Mon-El screamed, "Chug chug chug!" in the background. Kara downed the drink.

"Ok, there. Happy now?"

"Hang on," Mon-El taunts. "You know the conditions of the bet. You gotta stay here for at least an hour before you can go. And, I get to buy you two more drinks."

Kara gulped as she watched Mon-El head back to the bar. Lena took the nervous-looking Kryptonian's face in her hands and gave her a gentle kiss.

"It's ok. It's normal to feel weird after a drink. You'll be ok."

"I can feel my reflexes weakening," Kara muttered. She looked into Lena's eyes, her expression serious. "What if someone needs Supergirl?"

"Even Supergirl needs a night off every now and then," Lena told her. "You deserve a life."

After that, Kara began to feel a lot better. Not all of her anxiety was gone because drinking, and the 'floaty but not floaty' feeling that came with it, was still foreign to her, but Lena's words helped her relax enough to kind of enjoy herself. After the second drink Mon-El brought her, the club began to look a lot more fun, though her head was kind of fuzzy. By her third drink, she was absolutely positive that if she didn't sing some karaoke, she would explode.

Drunkenly stumbling her way up the stairs, she chuckled to herself and grabbed the mic. Mon-El and Lena watched her curiously as she whispered something into the DJ's ear and beamed at them. Take Me Or Leave Me from the Broadway musical Rent began to blare through the old speakers in the bar. Kara began to sing, getting better and better with each note. Lena looked impressed. Kara crossed the stage and thrusted the mic towards her. Then, Lena looked terrified.

"Come on, babe, you got this," she stage-whispered, and she could see that Lena knew she owed it to her highly intoxicated girlfriend to finish this duet.

The DJ chucked another mic to Kara, which she somehow managed to catch, and when the song ended, Kara threw her arms around Lena and planted a sloppy kiss on her lips. Lena seemed like she couldn't decide to act embarrassed or amused as she helped Kara off the stage.

"Alright, you, it's time to go home," she said quietly, guiding Kara towards the exit.

"Lena... Could I stay at your place? I d'wanna go home..." Kara moaned. "I don't feel like bein' all by myself tonight 'cause I don't like this anymore. It's not fun. My brain hurts."

"I think that would be best," Lena answered, hailing a cab with one hand and supporting Kara with the other. "You're gonna hate yourself tomorrow."

"Maybe," Kara responded. "But not for the reason you think. I don't get the bangy head thing."

"Of course you don't," Lena muttered, shoving Kara into the back of the car waiting on the curb. "That's a real superpower, you know?"

Kara giggled and then everything started to go dark. She woke up the next day to find herself in Lena's bed, snuggled up against the brunette's back and promptly had a panic attack.