Cat Got Your Tongue? pt 1

(AN: Sorry, short chapter)

Snapper's office was in a state of chaos. Ms. Grant would be walking through the doors any minute to check up on them. Kara could only imagine what it must be like on James' floor. If Ms. Grant didn't like what was happening with her company, the people up there would be the ones to lose their jobs.

In she strolled, sunglasses on, latte in hand, looking like the most confident woman in the world. Kara couldn't help but feel a little intimidated by her mere presence, but she knew what Lena would say: Don't let her confidence kill yours. She swallowed, determined to take that advice.

Cat looked around, shouting orders at random employees. It all seemed to be little things though, designed to rattle them a bit, one of Ms. Grant's favorite things to do. After about ten minutes of that, she marched into Snapper's little office at the back and shut the door. The employees all seemed to relax a tad when she left. It helped lessen the anxiety when your every move wasn't being scrutinized. When Cat reemerged, everyone sucked in a deep breath. Snapper gave a thumbs up behind her, and the reporters breathed a little easier.

"Kiera, could I see you in your office?" Cat asked.

Kara nodded, hoping that everything was alright. She followed Cat into the elevator and upstairs into her cluttered little room. The ex-CEO perched daintily on the edge or Kara's desk.

"I see everyone remembers that while I may not work here, I still own this building," Ms. Grant says. "Glad to see I still have my power."

"I don't think you'll ever stop intimidating the employees here," Kara laughed.

"I hope not. So, why did you and Miss Luthor leave my party so early last time we saw each other?"

"I'm not really a Halloween person," Kara admitted.

"Well, I missed talking to you. One of the things I hate about leaving CatCo is that I don't see you very often." She stepped towards Kara.

"Golly, Ms. Grant, I didn't know you liked me that much," Kara said, feeling a little uncomfortable as Cat got closer and closer.

"Call me Cat," the other woman purred.

"Only if you call me Kara."

"Ok, Kara."

Cat slowly backed Kara into a corner of her office. Kara looked puzzled. Then, Cat slowly pressed her lips to the young reporters. Kara couldn't breathe, couldn't do anything but stand there frozen. And it only got worse. Someone cleared their throat; and Kara turned her head to an angry looking Lena standing in the door.

"So much for our lunch date," she scoffed, starting off down the hallway.

Kara looked after her, still stunned. It took her a few minutes to comprehend what had just happened. When it dawned on her, she rounded on Cat.

"That was not ok," she said through gritted teeth.

"Kara, I'm sorry."

"Save it," she snapped, turning to run after Lena. Using her super speed, she managed to catch up with Lena outside. "Lena wait! That wasn't what it looked like!" She stepped towards her, taking her hand, but Lena jerked it away.

"Don't. I need some time."

"Lena, I can explain."

"Tonight," Lena demanded. "Your place. I'll give you fifteen minutes. I just can't right now."

Kara could tell that there were tears in her eyes as she turned away. Matching tears fell down her own face, and she went home to write her letter of resignation to CatCo.