The Best Dessert In The Galaxy

Lena paced back and forth across the tiles of Kara's kitchen floor. It was Thanksgiving and she was about to meet Eliza. Kara skipped over to her nervous girlfriend, giving her a huge bearhug, but being careful not to squeeze too hard. Lena wrapped her arms around Kara's shoulders and held on for dear life her knuckles going white from such a tight grip.

"What if she doesn't like me?" she whispered into Kara's ear, sounding so, so afraid.

Kara stepped back until she was about arms length from Lena, placed her hands on Lena's shoulders, and gave her a reassuring smile.

"She's going to love you," Kara promised, sliding her hands down Lena's front to smooth a few wrinkles out of her blouse. "Besides, Alex made chocolate pecan pie, which is sure to put her in a good mood because-"

"It's the best dessert in the galaxy," Lena finished, managing to smile.

"Exactly," Kara said, leaning into Lena and giving her a deep kiss.

The sound of a knock on the door broke them up. Kara turned around, looked at the door for a second, and then jumped up and down in excitement. She ran to the door and pulled it open, practically ripping it off of its hinges. In stepped a petite blond woman.

"Eliza!" Kara greeted ecstatically as she wrapped her in a warm embrace.

"Kara, so good to see you, dear," Eliza said, grinning. "Look at you! You look great!"

Lena stepped tentatively out of the kitchen to join the two women. Kara smiled warmly and pulled her over to stand in front of her foster mother.

"Is this the girl you've been telling me about?" Eliza questioned, giving Lena a once over.

Kara nodded, her curls bobbing up and down with her head.

"Yup. This is Lena."

"Lena Luthor, pleased to meet you," Lena said, extending her hand."

Eliza declined the handshake and gave her a hug instead. Lena tensed at first, taken aback, but softly returned the hug.

"Isn't she gorgeous?" Kara asked, looking at Lena with adoration.

"Yes," Eliza agreed. She smiled. "The Danvers girls sure have good taste." Turning to Kara, she asked, "So, who else is coming today."

"Alex, Maggie, Mon-El, and Winn. Oh, and I think Alex is gonna try to drag Hank out of the DEO."

There was another knock, and Eliza opened the door to find Alex, Maggie, and Hank standing outside.

"Speak of the Devil," Kara remarked, grinning.

With Eliza distracted, Lena pulled Kara into the kitchen. Kara beamed at her raven haired girlfriend and was pleased to find that she looked relieved.

"That went well," Kara assured her.

"Come here, love," Lena whispered, pulling Kara towards her and kissing her.

Kara fell against Lena's chest and pushed her against the wall, her lips moving slowly against the other woman's. She smiled into the kiss and felt so in love. That's how Alex found them, making out with Lena's back against the wall.

"Oh, get a room," Alex snorted, causing Kara to pull back, embarrassed.

"I see you've brought the pie," Lena noticed.

"Yup. Has Kara mentioned how much she loves it?" Alex smirked.

"Only about a million times," Lena retorted, smiling fondly at Kara, who was likcing her lips.

The blonde went to dip her finger into the pie but was shooed away and chastised like a little kid by her sister. Lena wrapped her arm around an impatient Kara and escorted her into the dining room so that they could sit down at the table with the other guests. When they took their seats, they found that Winn and Mon-El were already there, seated to Eliza's left, which put him at Kara's right. Lena glared at Mon-El when she saw that he had tried to seat himself next to Kara, and he backed off. Kara gave her girlfriend a gratified look and laced their fingers together. She ate the entire meal with her left hand.

And then Alex brought out the chocolate pecan pie. Kara could hardly contain her enthusiasm as she licked her lips. Lena made sure she got the first piece, which she demolished in a matter of seconds.

"Mm, this is good," Lena remarked, taking a bite of her own pie. "Hang on, sweetie, you've got a little something."

Lena carefully wiped the chocolate off of Kara's face, Mon-El staring jealously the entire time. Kara could've sworn she saw Lena smirk. She watched her beautiful Lena finish her dessert, the woman's dark hair framing her careful features perfectly. Kara could spend hours staring at that face, with the perfect skin, the sharp jawline, the piercing green eyes...

They hadn't spoken about Lex since Kara had seen the letter, but she couldn't figure out how anyone could say such horrible things to someone who was so utterly beautiful. How could someone who has seen Lena's genuine smiles, heard her melodic laugh, noticed the hurt under the cool attitude and the spark under the hurt, say anything remotely cruel to her?

She must've been noticeably staring because Alex mumbled something under her breath about her being a lovesick puppy, which scattered Kara's thoughts.

"Alright," Eliza said, clearing her throat. "I'm going to help you girls clean up, and then I'll head out. I promised Betty we'd go get drinks. Her girls are busy doing stem-cell research or performing a surgery or something, and I don't intend to let her spend Thanksgiving alone."

"Mom, you don't have to-"

"Kara, I want to. And, I expect Alex to stay and help as well."

Alex looked apologetically at Maggie.

"Don't worry," Lena interjected, seeing Alex's reluctance to stay. "I'll take Alex's chores, and she can go on with Maggie."

"Thanks, Lena," Alex called, running out the door before Eliza could say something.

The three women busied themselves in the kitchen, cleaning up from the large lunch. Eliza talked about how much Betty bragged about her two successful daughters, and how she would love to be able to tell her that her daughter was Supergirl. Kara and Lena shared little grins, touches, and kisses when Eliza's back was turned. With the three of them working, it only took about twenty minutes to finish. Eliza gave both Lena and her daughter a huge hug and a cheery goodbye before leaving. Kara was sad to see her go, but not sad to be alone with Lena.

Soon, the two were intertwined on the couch. Kara pressed her lips to Lena's sharp jaw. She felt hands clutch the hem of her shirt. Soon, those hands were on her skin, slowly making their way up her torso until-

"Stop."

Lena pulled her hands out from under Kara's shirt. Kara blushed, wishing that Lena's hands were still on her, but maybe not quite so far... North.

"Too fast?" Lena asked. Kara nodded. "I understand. I'm glad you told me."

"There's something else that I should tell you," Kara said hesitantly. "I'm... Well, I'm a... um..."

"You're a virgin?" Lena asked. Kara nodded again, looking down. Lena lifted Kara's chin so that they're eyes met. "That's nothing to be ashamed about. So, do you just need to go slower, or wait until we're married, or..."

"You want to marry me?" Kara asked before she could stop herself.

Lena smiled. "Someday." She put her arms around Kara.

"Is there anything you want to tell me?" Kara wondered. "About Lex, maybe." Lena stiffened. "Look, Lena, I know that something is bothering you. I can sense it. Please talk to me."

They sat there for a bit, neither of them saying anything. The room was dead silent. Kara worried that maybe she shouldn't have said anything, maybe she should have just let it be.

Finally, Lena said, "Ok."