Kara Danvers: Bi Alien

Kara touched down on Lena's balcony to find her crying. She immediately rushed to the sobbing CEO and threw her arms around her. Lena jumped, surprised, which prompted a bout of hiccups. Realizing who held her, she allowed herself to fall against Kara's chest, sobbing into the coat of arms emblazoned there. Kara sunk to the floor and pulled Lena into her lap. The two sat there, Lena crying, Kara holding her, for a good ten minutes.

"I'm sorry," Lena hiccoughed. She looked up at the Kryptonian, her eyes still wet with tears. "I'm sorry you're seeing me like this. I don't want to be like this."

"Hey, hey, it's ok," Kara soothed her. "It's ok to show weakness. It's ok to not be ok. Now, do you want to tell me what happened?"

Lena sat up, straightened the wrinkles in her skirt and blouse, and attempted to wipe away her tears.

"I- I was going to tell you last night," she stammered.

Kara thought back to how upset her friend had looked and felt guilty that she hadn't asked about it earlier.

"I received a letter the other day from my mother. It didn't say anything I didn't expect. She mentioned how I was a disappointment to the Luthor name, she asked me how I could sleep at night, knowing that I betrayed my last remaining family, she said the usual awful things that my mother says. However, in that same envelope, there was a letter from Lex." She sniffled. "It's the first time he's tried to contact me since Superman put him in jail. It said- it said..."

Lena collapsed, sobs wracking her body. She thrust a tear stained letter into the blonde's hands. Kara had never seen her this upset. One hand wrapped around Lena's shoulders, she began to read:

My traitorous sister,

How could you side with those horrible creatures over our own mother? We took you in. I cared for you. I may have even loved you. But no longer. Any love, any affection of any kind that I may have had for you is long gone, swept away by your betrayal. Mother warned me all those years ago that you didn't have what it takes to be a Luthor, but I believed that you had potential. I see now that I was wrong. Try not to get yourself killed when your Super new friend betrays you. Or don't. I don't really care.

Your ex-family,

Lex

"Oh, Lena, that's horrible," Kara breathed. How could her family say such terrible things to her? "I'm so sorry."

"No one loves me anymore!" Lena wailed.

"That's where your wrong. I love you," Kara confessed before she could stop herself.

Lena looked up at Kara with bright green eyes that are swollen from crying. Kara looked awkwardly at her hands and fidgeted a bit.

"Did I just ruin things?" she asked tentatively.

Rather than responding, Lena pressed her lips to Kara's. Kara couldn't stop a grin from spreading across her face, and by the looks of things, neither could Lena. The two just sat there, grinning like idiots.

"Guess not then," Kara whispered.

"Do you know how long I've been waiting to hear those words?" Lena breathed. "Kara, I fell for you weeks ago. I never dreamed the feeling would be mutual." She leaned into Kara's stomach.

"You don't have to dream it. It's real."Kara rested her chin on Lena's head and wrapped her arms tightly around her chest. "And as long as we're together, you don't have to go through this alone."

"How can you love me?" Lena asked softly. "I'm a Luthor."

"You may have inherited the Luthor name, but you did not inherit the Luthor crazy," Kara remarked, causing Lena to crack a smile, but it doesn't last long.

"What about James? I thought you like guys."

"I do," Kara admitted. "But I like girls, too. Especially you. I like you the most."

She lightly kissed Lena's nose. This brought the smile back, the one that Kara's so fond of, the one that only plays on Lena's lips when she's truly happy, the one that's especially reserved for Kara. Kara pushed a strand of hair from Lena's face to admire it more and began to grin like an idiot again.

"That's your potsticker smile," Lena remarked. "That's the exact face you make when someone brings you potstickers."

"Well now it's my Lena smile, too," Kara told her, blushing profusely with every word she said.

Lena laughed at her dopey alien and traced her soft jawline.

"How can I be so happy and so sad at the same time?" she questioned.

"You've suffered," Kara answered. "But there's hope. There's always hope." She buried her face into the crook between Lena's shoulder and neck, breathing in her scent. "You're one of my favorite people in the whole world. Y'know that?"

Kara saw Lena smile shyly. Lena placed her hands on Kara's, rubbing them softly. They breathed in the cool night air. Kara lay back, allowing her head to rest against the cool concrete of L-Corp's balcony and patted the spot next to her. Lena joined her, curling up to the superhero. Kara realized how good it feels to lie there and just be Kara with Lena by her side. No more secrets, no more lies.

"I should probably go before people think I'm cheating on myself," Kara said reluctantly, picking herself up off the ground.

"What?" Lena asked.

"Check Twitter," Kara called as she launched off the terrace and into the night sky, growing fainter and fainter as she headed for home.