L-Party

It had been three days since Kara had moved in. They had finally unpacked all her things, and Lena had insisted that they throw a party to celebrate. Kara was sitting on the couch, anxiously waiting for Lena to come home and the guests to arrive, the guests being Winn, Alex, Maggie, James, Mon-El, and Lena's assistant, Jess. The door swung open, and Kara jumped off the couch like an excited puppy, running into Lena's arms and giving her a sloppy kiss. Lena laughed, stumbling backwards.

"Someone's excited."

"I'm just glad you're home."

"I take it unemployment doesn't really suit you?"

Kara groaned rolling her eyes. She was desperate to get back to work. When she wasn't with Lena or being Supergirl, she was bored out of her mind. However, as much as she longed to go back to CatCo, she knew that she couldn't, not with Ms. Grant still having some control over her employment.

"It'll be alright, love," Lena cooed, seeing how miserable Kara looked. "I'm sure you'll find something you like."

Kara lay her head in Lena's lap, but was soon forced to sit up again by a knock on the door. Alex stepped in, holding a bottle of Vodka, Maggie close behind her. She looked around, handing her alcohol to Lena and taking in Kara's new living arrangement.

"Nice," she remarked. "I guess sister night will be moved to my place, then."

Kara grinned, hopping off the couch to join the three other women in the kitchen. They chatted back and forth, pouring drinks and laughter. Jess joined them fairly soon, but James, Mon-El, and Winn didn't show up until it was fairly late. Mon-El already looked drunk.

"He knows that human alcohol doesn't affect him and didn't want to be left out," Winn explained.

Everyone got into a kind of easy rhythm as the night progressed. Jess seemed to fit in well enough with the rest of the people, but she excused herself after her second drink, probably wishing to maintain some kind of dignity in front of her boss. Somehow, the conversation got to the topic of National City's prisons.

"So apparently, they don't give the inmates haircuts," Alex stated. She giggled, clearly thinking about something she believed to be hilarious. "Do you know how ridiculous your brother looks with hair, Lil' Luthor?" She laughed so hard that she began to hiccough. "I didn't realize that he could even grow hair!"

Kara tensed at the mention of Lex, but Lena snorted, saying how she couldn't remember the last time she'd seen him with hair, and all seemed well. At about one, James and Mon-El started to ridiculously flirt with Kara, which caused Lena to attempt to keep some kind of physical contact with Kara at all times. The physical contact thing became a problem when she had to wrestle a beer from Alex's hands.

Eventually, the Kryptonian gave up on trying to keep order and stretched out on the couch, allowing Lena to lay on her. Kara realized that it was probably time for everyone to go home when Lena began to stage whisper, "When are the people leaving our house?" It was around three in the morning when she broke up the party. She picked up her very drunk girlfriend and carried her to bed.

"Kara, where are you g o i n g?" Lena called, her words slurring, as Kara headed to the bathroom to remove her makeup.

"I'll be right back," Kara assured her.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

When she emerged a few minutes later, Lena squealed, "You kept your promise," and rolled off the edge of the bed. Kara somehow managed to catch Lena before she hit the floor and tucked the girl in on her side of the bed.

"Is it bedtime?" a very drunk Lena asked.

"Yup," Kara answered, climbing into bed beside her.

Lena snuggled into Kara's chest. Kara put her arms around her intoxicated girlfriend and kissed her forehead. Lena sighed happily, yawning.

"I love you, Kara. Please always stay."

"I love you, too. I'll be here as long as you like."

"Then you'll be here forever," Lena murmured, drifting peacefully off to sleep.

Kara smiled fondly at her usually cool and collected CEO who apparently turned into a five year old when she'd had a little too much to drink. It was nice to see Lena relax when she was normally so on edge. Kara fell asleep that night with a huge grin on her face.