~2~

David had grown annoyed enough to leave me alone, it seemed the moment he brought tears to my eyes he was satisfied that he accomplished something, but as he was passing through the entry into the kitchen he stopped, "You are old enough to leave this house, you will finish school far away from my family!" he yelled and Eli cried as she hugged me. "Eli doesn't want Alex to leave!" she cried into my embrace. I tried to hush her as best as I could, "Shh shh there, there Eli. You know I love you with all my heart and I promise that you will never lose me. I will always find my way back to you." I told her and that seemed to console her enough for her to pull away, her blue eyes marked red from her tears.

If you didn't already know that we were related, one would think there was no relation. Jason and Eric looked just like David. Their hair was dark as smoke and eyes followed suit, Eli was the miniature of our mother, her hair was the color of an ocean of wheat, and her eyes as blue as corn silk. Me on the other hand, I figured I looked just like my father. My hair a strawberry blond, my eyes the color of pale jade and my complexion as pale as porcelain. I couldn't help but feel an overwhelming sadness, not only was I going to have to leave my friends, but I was going to have to Eli, my sweet baby sister, but I was determined to keep my promise, one of these days I would come for her and take her out of this house. I was forced from my thoughts of the possible future from David yelling at me, "Get your shit packed, you leave in half an hour!" My jaw dropped, it was happening so soon!

I didn't take my time as I rushed to my room, yanked my luggage from the confines of the back of my closet and started to fill each one, I knew that I had to take just about everything. Every stitch of clothing, pictures of my little sister, not don't get me wrong, I loved my little brothers, but they didn't love me so I didn't have pictures of them like I did Eli. In no time, I had the entirety of my room locked away in my luggage and was dragging them down the stairs to the front door. Eli came running to me with David following suit behind her, the look of disgust plastered across his face at how much his baby girl loved me. Eli leaped into my arms and started to sob in the crook of my neck. "Oh Eli, it will be okay." I told her before I began to whisper, "Just remember, that no matter what I love you, no matter what your father says, you will always be in my heart." She pulled her face free from my neck, her eyes once again held the redness of tears, she sniffled and nodded, "I love you, Alex ... berry much." Her words made me smile, oh how I loved this little rug rat.

David started to grumble as he stood there his arms crossed over his chest and still with that look of utter disgust plastered across his face, "Let my daughter go and get your ass out that door." He told him; of course, what could I do but nod. I rose to my feet after planting millions of kisses on Eli before I left the house. Of course, my mother didn't make an appearance, after all, she hadn't really been a mother to me unless David wasn't around, even then, I still felt like she regretted that I was ever born, even then I still loved her, she was my mom after all. David drove me down to the bus station; bought my ticket and even tossed me a few bucks for the road, "Don't ever show your face around here again." He told me before he sped away leaving me in his past.