~ 9 ~

I almost jumped out of my own skin when that blasted alarm went off. "Damnit!" I shouted as I placed the palm of my hand to my chest. I had lost complete track of time when I looked down at my sketchpad and cocked my head. Every single picture I had drawn was of Ronan, "Now why would I have him on my mind?" I asked myself as I closed my sketchpad, tucked it away beneath my mattress and rose to my feet. "Well, time to get ready for my uber super special meeting with the head mistress."

I dug through my drawers and found something somewhat presentable to wear and headed off into the on-suite bathroom, I had debated on taking a bath but figured I would either take too long or would doze off and drown in my own bubble bath. Oh yeah, I can see the headlines now – Teenager Dies by Bubble Bath. So, on that note, I decided a quick shower would be in my best interest.

I didn't waste much time on my normal routine, quickly showered and dressed. I worked in quick time to make myself presentable; after all, I didn't want to look like some wretched off the street. I glanced over at the alarm clock it was almost eight forty-five. I threw on my sneakers, brushed my hair one last time, and bolted out the door. I felt like I was in a full run, yet I didn't grow out of breath, nor break a sweat, overall was weird since I was never the 'athletic' type.

I made it to Miss Hershey's office and just as I was about to knock she called out, "You may enter Miss Calloway, and right on time." I wondered just how she knew I was there as I took hold of the knob and pressed down on the little button and pushed open the door. I slowly poked my head in and forced a smile trying to play off just how nervous I was. "Well, stop doddling at the door Alexandria, it's rude." I cleared my throat and stepped through the threshold of her office closing the door behind me. I wondered if I should curtsey or something, "Morning Ma'am." I began as I watched writing something down in a file or something.

"Talking without permission." She remarked and I sank my teeth into my lower lip, this wasn't going as well as I expected. "You may sit." She told me and I moved to the chair just opposite of her. I sat down silently and waited for her to say something to me, all the while I gazed around her office, it had high bookshelves and each shelf filled with books, who knew what was in them. "Now, your father has told me that you are unruly, lack good judgment, any judgment, and you have authority issues." I couldn't contain just how shocked I was.