~ 21 ~

Eleanor's POV

I had barely made it into my room when I spotted Alex heading up the stairs, I couldn't help but wonder just what she was doing coming in this late. I shook my head and sighed, "Damn girl always getting in the way." I muttered and just as I was about to close my door I spotted Ronan and could feel the heat of hatred riding in my cheeks and eyes. I was half temped to follow both of them to see what they were up to. It was suspicious to me that they both were outside. I was just about to ignore everything and close my door.

Apparently, my own curiosity got the best of me and I followed them, silently. I knew that I had to be careful because if Ronan figured out that I was eavesdropping it would cost me my life, and I couldn't let that happen, besides I knew that if I failed Ronan would be the least of my worries.

I flipped my cell to vibrate and silently crept behind Ronan, I peered around the corner as he tapped on Alex's flat-room door. I felt the pain of anger in my chest as I watched them chit chatting back and forth, that irritating cheeky grin on Alex's face as she invited Ronan into her room. If I wanted to be a real bitch I could easily have her kicked out of the school for breaking the rules. Students must refrain from permitting classmates of a different gender into their rooms. But that would foil my boss' plans.

Soundlessly I inched closer to her door, close enough that if one of them left in a hurry I would be busted. My teeth started to protrude and sink into my bottom lip out of anger and irritation. How dare he choose this little bitch over me, over what we had, could of had. Their conversation toddled around their school schedule and how they matched perfectly, it was something that he requested, well, more like demanded. I wasn't going to take it easy on this one.

I heard their conversation begin to come to an end and backed away from the door, bolting around the corner into the shadows. My breathing grew more rapid with anger, he felt something for her, and I was going to find out just how much, but first, I needed to report in.

I slithered down the hall leaving them to their own devices and pushed against a small section of the wall, the clicking it made as it unlocked and opened echoed and I crawled through making sure that it locked tight behind me. I turned and started to make my way through the underground tunnels dragging the tips of my fingers against the ancient stones before I reached another door. I felt around the outside of it until I found the latch, popping another door open. I crept silently and pushed it open revealing my room.

I carefully closed the door waiting to hear it click shut and dragged my hand across the bookshelf that hid it. "My plans will not fail, even if it costs me my life." I snarled. I gathered up my nightclothes and headed to my on-suite to try and relax.

My shower didn't last as long as I wanted when my cell phone rang, that irritating ringtone went off and I immediately knew whom it was. Jumping out of the shower, wrapping the towel quickly around me before I snatched up the phone. For a split second I hesitated before answering. Taking in a deep breath as I flipped the phone open and pressed it to my ear and before I could even say hello I was being yelled at.

"Yes Ma'am. No Ma'am, I have no idea where she is, I haven't seen her and she missed her check in." I told her as I started to pace back and forth. "Yes Ma'am." The one on the other end of the phone finally stopped yelling at me to the point that I could fill her in. "I've been keeping an eye on the two, they seem to have started to get close, I even agreed to give them both the same class schedule, and from what I over-heard they have every intention of sitting next to each other in each class." I told her and nodded, "I even have a mole in place with each of them that will keep me updated on what I can't see."