~ 10 ~

"Ma'am," I began just as she interrupted me, "Talking without being spoken to, yet again." She muttered and I couldn't hold back my temper. "Okay firstly, I have been nothing but respectful towards you, secondly, he's not my father, he's my stepfather, and thirdly, he's an abusive asshole." I blurted out before I could even stop myself. I sat there, slumped in the chair, my arms crisscrossed over my chest and this look of utter disgust plastered across my face. Miss Hershey sat across from me, her jaw slightly dropped from shock of my outburst.

We must have sat there for at least five minutes before Miss Hershey spoke up. "Look Miss Calloway, I can understand your dislike for your stepfather, but you have displayed nothing but poor conduct and lack of self-control." She explained to me as she continued to jot down notes, most likely about me and all I could do was shrug my shoulders. "Eh, Miss Hershey, it is what it is. I'm not a bad person you must understand that, but I have lived my life is fear since I was young." I told her as she tried to straighten myself up and be brave, "And well, Miss Hershey, I just refuse to be that way anymore." I finished what I had to say, my arms still crisscrossed over me and I gave her a firm nod.

I wondered just what the head mistress was thinking after I got done with my small rant when it came to my stepfather. "Either way Miss Calloway, he has paid for you to attend this school for the last year of your education, so maybe you should show him a bit of respect for this school is not cheap." My jaw dropped, did she just seriously take his side on things, after me telling her that he was an abusive ass, and that was putting it nicely so I just decided to keep my mouth shut concerning the entire subject and I had no plans what so ever to ever speak of it again. I would make it a mission that this would be my best year of school ever.

Over the next half hour Miss Hershey went over my new schedule, the classes that I would be forced to take, there was the usual, Math, Science, History, English and Gym. Nothing that I wasn't already use to although I would probably fail gym. "Here is your class schedule, I have paired you up with your flat mate, and the other students should be arriving back in the next day or so. During that time, I want you to familiarize yourself with the school grounds, learn where your classes are, and where you can and cannot go." She said to me as she handed me the a rather thick piece of paper, wow, not too worried about trees now are we I thought as I glanced over my new schedule. "You are now dismissed Miss Calloway." And with that, she didn't look back up at me, I simply lifted from the chair and left her stuffy little office.