37

Norden

My eyes shot wide open when I felt my mate, my lovely mate in turmoil. It didn't take my long to leap from my bed, since I wasn't sleeping any ways, and I bolted for the cells. "If that want to be blood sucker skank has done anything to her, I will rip her small form into shreds and paint the walls with her blood." I cursed under my breath. It didn't take me long to reach the cell and just as I was about to rip the door off the hinges Scar screamed once again. That was it, I couldn't bare it any longer, I grabbed a hold of the door and slammed it open, so hard that it his stone wall and shattered it.

I could feel the beat in my gaze when I spotted Alex standing, once again between my mate and myself. What did she think she was doing, protecting her? I wouldn't hurt her, ever. I started to stomp my way over, desperate to snatch Scarlett into my arms and comfort her. But that little half-witted twit Alex glared at me. "What did you do to her?" I asked her, my voice half yelling and half growling at her as I stomped my way closer to her. I could easily pick her up and throw her across the room, it wasn't like I hadn't done it before. "I did NOTHING!" Alex yelled back at me as she rose to her feet. Brave this one was, not matter what she was led to believe, she had it in her to do great things and make great changes, even I could see that.

"She is screaming at the top of her lungs! You did something to her, you hurt her!" I accused her knowing that would most likely piss her off, but after all, that was my plan. "What the hell?" She yelled at me, "You think I hurt her?" She kept on shouting at me and started to poke her tiny boney finger on my chest. "I. Am. Not. The. One. That. Hurt. Her." Her accusing voice rose, and it was with those simple words, those small eight simple words that cut the deepest. She couldn't of known just how the words would affect me, nor my wolf. He whined for his mate in my mind, yearned to hold her. "I am NOT the one that kidnapped her, that tortured her, that is KILLING her!" She yelled at me, and at this point I could not find the words to rebuttal hers, yet with each step she took, coming closer to me, I took one back. I don't know if I did it because of the pain of her words, or the sudden power that I felt from her, either way, her words cut deep.

I, of course, sighed in defeat, my defenses died down with a hurry and I could that my eyes were no longer the color of blood. "I know." Was the best that I could mutter as I hung my head. All the things that I have done, as close as I had been to Scarlett, I felt the guilt of not being able to scent her, "But I didn't know she was my mate, I couldn't take in her scent. She took something, took something to hide from me and I don't know why. I just want my mate." I told her as my shoulders slumped. I had never felt so defeated and ready to beg for forgiveness, I honestly felt like I was about to cry like a baby. "If I had known ... " I started yet I refused to lift my gaze, I knew that my own captive, my own prisoner was judging me.

I tried to think of that past of when I first felt the presence of my mate; her scent was like honey to my senses. She smelled of honeysuckle and vanilla, most intoxicating. "This would have never happened. I.. I truly believed that my mate had been killed years ago." My words tumbled from my lips. At the time, I knew this to be the truth; my vendetta had been set on the past actions that I had accused that were in fact innocent on my mate's part. It was just the fuel I needed added to the fire to push me over the edge.

Finally, Alex took a step back from me, I don't know if she started to feel sympathy for me, why would she, I knew I wouldn't. "Then you need to make this right." She told me, her voice was serious and I knew she meant business. Who would of thought it would be my on captive to set me on the path to earning Scarlett's forgiveness for all the wrong I've done to her. Alex moved away from us and curled up with her baby sister, who in fact, was rather a doll. The corners of my lips curled in the slightest of smiles that I have had in years as I watched before turning my attention back to Scarlett, my sweet, poor, and battered mate.