~ 14 ~

Eleanor's POV

I couldn't help but slam the phone down, this was all not going as originally planned and my contact was pushing for me to take drastic measures. Only a handful of people knew why Ronan was here, "I wonder." I mumbled as I pulled my office door closed and locked it tight.

I started walking over towards the basement door when I thought I saw something out of the corner of my eye, I turned and stood there for a moment, listening, watching for any form of movement or sound. When I was sure that no one was around I pulled out my key and entered the basement, making sure to lock it behind me.

I stood just before the decline of the stairs began, closing my eyes and whispered, "cinn ársa a thabhairt dom an bronntanas na lasracha." Suddenly I could feel the heat of the stairway rise, the flickering of the flames danced across the ancient stonewalls, a smile played across my lips before slowly descending down into the basement. To the untrained eye, there wasn't much to see, the enchantments I had placed made sure of just that. After descending the stairs for about five minutes I entered my alter room.

This is where I felt most at home, safe and secure. The ancient ones could be felt stronger here then anywhere else within the school. My alter room was circular in shape, six pillars rose from the stone floor, an alter rested in the center decorated with angelica, calendula, lavender, marjoram and many others that was to aid me in my mission. The small natural spring ran beneath and flowed out from a small tree of life shaped wall mounted fountain was the reason that this institution was built here, it was said to be the purest form of water and one of the most ancient.

I walked up the fountain, stood before it with my sight hidden, muttering a few choice words for protection before moving to the alter. One by one I began to create my concoction, "If he will not willingly be mine, then I will just have to force it once again." I had met Ronan not long after I was turned, he always assumed that I had been born a vampire, but I had been chosen for a different purpose. I had fought it at first, but the pull had been too great and I had finally given in, willing succumbing all of myself to the darkness.

I must of been in the alter room for much longer then I had planned as I walked back up the stairs. The door was just as I had left it and as I stood before it I turned, "a chur ar an solas ó mo shúile i bhfolach taobh istigh den dorchadas" and with those words the flames slowly flickered until the embers had died out. Slightly I laughed as I turned and walked out the door, making sure to lock it tightly once again. The potion in my pocket tapping against my leg as I walked my mission cannot fail.