~ 22 ~

Scarlet's POV

I didn't know how long I was stuck in that cell and every time I tried to escape my flesh would burn from the silver bars. There was no escape. My stomach began to grumble and my wounds were slow healing. I needed sustenance, food, water, a mouse anything would help. My vision grew blurry to the point that I couldn't distinguish anything, not the counter, the cupboards, nothing. At least I could still hear. That's when I heard multiple heavy footsteps above me and I knew that I was about to feel pain once again.

I couldn't tell just how many were up there but they were going in and out of the cabin, I figured they were unloading or something. Soon after I could see a small hint of sunlight peeking down from the opened hatch and a blurred shadow descending the stairs. Even though I was weak my sense of smell still worked pretty well and I was overwhelmed with the scent of leeches. "Shit." I whispered as lowly as I could when one I had yet to see sat in the chair that Ronan had sat in when all this crap began. Watching him closely as he crossed his arms across his chest and started to ask questions. Did they not understand that I would face a worse feat if I did answer them?

"Now, shall we start with just a few questions?" he asked me as I struggled to sit up. "As I was informed, you wouldn't give up your pack or who you are working with, or is it true that you are just some weakling rogue for hire?" he asked and I had to admit, nothing pissed me off more then being considered a rogue, if they only knew exactly who I was to my pack. The leech slowly leaned forward and rested his arms across his thighs.

I struggled with my words as I tried to clear my vision, I wanted to get a good look at the guy, "Like I told the other guy, if you are going to kill me, you might as well get on with it, because if I tell you anything I'm dead anyways." I told him and I was honest about it, anything they could do to me my pack would do worse and then kill me, I wasn't about all that, besides I was loyal to my people, these bloodsuckers have nothing on me. I blinked a few more times when I heard movement, seeing the shadowed figure rising from the chair and moving across the room, although he didn't climb the stairs but yelled out. I was right he wasn't alone.

Not to long after the short yelling back and forth another came down the stairs, clanking accompanied him. Sadie, I don't think we are going to make it through this. I started to talk to my wolf, although she had been silent through most of this. Sadie! Please answer me! I cried out, I knew that the silver would make her fall deeper into me and I wish I hadn't been sent alone here, at least then I could use the pack link to let the others know why I haven't checked in.

I heard a few more steps coming down before the creaking of the cell door played when they had opened it. Now was my chance, if only I could muster up the strength to bolt past them, and believe me, I tried but two sets of hands stopped me and dragged me from the cell. I was then strapped to some metal table that was lined with silver; I knew this because of the pain that was sent through me as they tied me down.

"Now, this is how it's going to play out fluffy. I ask the questions and you answer. If you refuse to answer then my buddy over there." he paused and pointed somewhere over his shoulder, "Will be inclined to do you harm. Do you understand the rules to this game?" he asked me and I didn't respond, I wasn't going to give him he pleasure of such.

"Okay, so we know your name Scarlet Wolfweaver ... what pack are you with?" He asked me again, why were they so persistent in knowing what pack I was with, shouldn't of they been concerned more in what I was doing, or why I was after that girl? "I won't tell you anything." I told him tightening my lips, and if I could do that little lock my lips and throw away the key motion I would of just to be more of a pain. Childish I know.