33

Alex

I lay there snuggling up to my sweet baby sister, Eli, brushing her hair from her sticky forehead I couldn't help but sigh as I wished for her to wake up. It seemed it had been days that she had been passed out, and it was only fuel added to the raging fire of fury that burned within me, something I had never felt before, something new. I hadn't heard from Scarlett in a while as well, her breathing and whimpering in pain was the only clue for me to know that she was still alive, at least barely.

I laid my head against my arm and continued to watch Eli as she slept, worry still filling me with questions. Was she going to be okay, will she wake up any time soon, and did I really want her to wake up to this place knowing that it would just scare the living daylights out of her, but still, it would be reassuring for me at least to know that she was okay, and I meant really okay and with that thought I slowly started to doze off.

I didn't know how long I had been sleeping when I heard the faintest of whimpers. At first I thought it was Scarlett off in the corner nursing her never ending wounds until I finally felt Eli shift against me before her tears started to fall. "Shh, shh, it's okay Eli. I have you." I told her as I pulled her in closer to me and gently rocked her. "Alex?" her voice was weak and cracked as if she hadn't had a drop of water in weeks. "Yes, sweet Eli, I have you, you are with me and safe." I told her as her arms wrapped tightly around my neck. "Oh Alex I've missed you so much." She cried into my shoulder as I lifted her to sit in my lap still lightly rocking her back and forth. "Where are we?" her voice almost a whisper as I felt her just barely pulling away from me to look around the dark and damp room we were locked up in.

"Well," I hesitated and kissed her on her forehead, "I honestly don't know Eli, but I promise you that you are safe and I missed you so so much." I admitted to her as I pulled her back into me. I would do anything in my power to protect my baby sister, and the beast that brought her here that hurt her and drugged her, I would make sure that he would pay and pay with his life. It was then that I heard the door open and the previously thought of beast walked in, Heath Norden and suddenly I felt as I did before when I laid eyes upon him, the fury of rage building up within me.

Slowly, I moved Eli off my lap and rested her behind me as I glared across the room at him. "Well, there, it seems the little princess has finally awoken, and here I was starting to think we were going to have another Sleeping Beauty on our hands." He sarcastically remarked as he took his usual seat in the middle of the room. A shocking hiss fell from my lips as I dug my nails into the dirty floor, "You don't speak of her or to her." I told him, my voice cold and calmed which in a way even frightened me with that amount of rage that had built up, and for a moment I could have sworn that I saw shock in Norden's eyes, if it was there, it quickly vanished as he started to laugh mockingly at me. "Steady there Alex. I mean the small girl no harm, after all, she's only a ploy in all that, it is, and after all, you that I am after, and well, to be honest with her here I think that I have a little more leverage over you." He openly admitted.

I slowly rose to my feet, although I was still feeling a bit of pain from the slam he gave me against the wall, but much less then I had expected. "I don't think you would hurt an innocent child Norden. Besides, I have nothing to give you, and I am pretty sure you knew that already." I replied to him as I crossed my arms over myself. Norden shook his head at me as he rose to stand as well before making his way closer to me and grinned, "I wouldn't be so sure of that." He told me as his gaze shot over towards Eli with me quickly maneuvering between him and her. "Don't. Look. At. Her." I made my words clear and to the point yet it didn't seem to of fazed him. I could see that this newfound strength within me hadn't bothered him one bit but I wondered where it was when David was beating the crap out of me.