~ 19 ~

Scarlet's POV

I crept silently through the woods in the direction of the school when I caught the scent of the girl I was to kill. Lifting my snout high into the air to find in which direction it was coming from. "Gotcha." I said in my head as I turned in the direction of the lake. I had already scoped out the area days ago so that I would know the lay of the land. It was a smart move on my part.

The smell of fresh water hit me and I slowed down lowering myself to crawl beneath the underbrush for cover when I spotted her. The girl was resting next to the lake with a massive pad in her lap. I grinned with a light and low growl when I left the confines of the underbrush, I moved slowly at first and the moment I picked up speed to make my attack I was hit from the side and pushed back into the underbrush.

The air was choked from my lungs; my eyes began to water as I tried to take a breath. The moment I could breath I caught the scent of a vampire. "Shit." I tried to remember all the training I had so that hopefully I could survive this and report back to the Alpha. I grinned when I sank my sharp teeth into the bloodsuckers arm, a moment of triumph before everything went black.

The bloodsucker must of been dragging me for awhile because before I knew it I was being dragged into a rundown shack that I hadn't seen on my scouting so I figured we weren't to close to the school. I started to fight and struggle to free myself from the leeches grasp sand screamed at him, "Owe! What the hell! Let me go!" His grip on me only tightened and really only pissed me off even more.

He threatened me saying that if I didn't behave basically he would just go ahead and kill me, well, it would probably be better for the both of us if he did kill me, because I know if I completely fail this or let any information slip I was dead anyways. I thudded harshly down each step until we reached the bottom, for a second I thought it would be my chance to get free only to be tossed into a cage. The leech seemed slow so I rose quickly to my feet and bolted for the door when it was slammed in my face and I thrashed against it. SILVER, it was silver. I cried in pain as the scent of my own searing flesh filled the room.

I laid on the floor feeling the heat of my tears dripping down my cheeks as I watched him moving. He grabbed a chair and dragged it closer to the silver cell and began to ask me questions. Of course I wasn't about to answer, at least I wasn't going to make it that easy. "What's your name and what pack are you with?" he asked me and I could only grin, "You can go to hell bloodsucker." I hissed violently at him. That's when he rose once more and walked across the room to the cabinets. I was filled with curiosity as he pulled out a small potion bottle. "You know, I was hoping that you would say something like that." He told me as he returned with the bottle.

He dangled the bottle in front of him, "I take it you know what this is?" he asked me as I watched him pour a small amount into the palm of his hand. I had a feeling that I knew what it was, but sometimes ignorance is bliss. "You won't get anything out of me you leech." I cursed him and continued to insult him not knowing if it was really doing any good. He simply shrugged his shoulders and tossed the powder between the bars causing to flutter over me. Instantly I began to scream and holler in pain, it was silver nitrate, shit. "As I said, easy or hard, but please continue, I am rather enjoying myself mutt." he insulted me but I was already in to much pain to even care.

I managed to drag myself into a corner in hopes of staying away from him and the evil vile powder he so enjoyed inflecting upon me, maybe if I gave him my name that would suffice for now and give me time to heal. "Again, what's your name and what pack are you with or are you some lonely rogue?" he asked and I attempted to thin my gaze at him. Calling me a rogue was a massive insult, I could stand anything else but I wasn't that.

I quickly shook my head and struggled to answer, my lungs felt burnt and my voice had become raspy, "My name is Scarlet ... Scarlet Wolfweaver." I told him as I tried to take in another battled breath. "I was sent after the girl." I told him as I leaned up against the make shift bed. The leech bolted from the chair in anger, I could tell he was pissed solidifying that I was right I had the right girl. "Who sent you? Tell me or you get the entire bottle!" He yelled at me fiercely and I couldn't help but weakly laugh at him, "Go ahead and kill me, if I tell you anymore I'm dead anyways."

I watched as he gave me a dark grin and leaned forward, "Oh I think not, if you are going to die, it's going to be at my hands and no one else. I do feel confident that you will survive much more torment the more you fight me than anything else you could imagine. He said as he turned and walked away from my cell and back up the same stairs he dragged me down and a door clicking closed.

Letting out a sigh of relief as I laid down on the cold floor, I could barely hear him speaking, I know my name was mentioned but nothing else, I was then left alone to my own thoughts and drifted off to an uncomfortable slumber.