Getting to Know

A/N: This Chapter is COMPLETELY RANDOM AF.

Kakashi is 4 when Shisui is born. He stands with his father as the whole clan watches the couple carry him into the compound to the main house.

"A new child has come into our family today, and his name, given by his parents shall be Uchiha Shisui! May he serve the Uchiha and bring us greatness!" Fugaku roared and the crowd cheered while the feast started.

Shisui...?

Kakashi eyes widened in recognition and he walked through the crowd to the couple surrounded by cooing mothers and stoic fathers.

"Ah Kakashi! Do you want to see your new cousin?" The new mother smiled at him and which Kakashi guiltily couldn't remember what her name was.

He nodded silently and the woman lifted Shisui down to his level where he looked in awe at the newborn.

Uchiha Shisui...

Shisui's eyes peeled open and he laughed a cute laugh while patting Kakashi's face. Kakashi melted and cooed softly.

I will protect you from your mysterious death this time.

Kakashi smiled brightly at his mother and thanked her, walking away.

I swear.

<< Uchiha Training Grounds, 1 year later >>

Kakashi, Obito: age 5

Shisui: age 1

Kakashi sat on a wooden pole in the middle of the training grounds, meditating and entering his mind palace. It was... A messy place. He had spent days trying to clean it up and still was, but his mind was just so... Messed up. Countless of jutsus from his previous life were tucked into a grotesque tree with wooden shelves built in it. The tree resembled the one in the fourth war...

Blood.

The fourth bloody ninja war was his f*cking mind palace with random dead bodies here and there.

Hopefully no yamanaka goes venturing into his mind.

His memories were through another door to a huge library - his favorite place so far with the stars as the ceiling and random good memories flashing through them.

Alas, he had almost as many bad memories as good ones so he had another entire room dedicated to them. 

The Bloody Hatake Compound. 

A reminder, like an arrow always lodged in his back, to not waste this chance. His body in his mind was his 40 year old one with his Rokudaime cloak hanging off his shoulders, the hokage hat hanging off his neck on his back. He sat down in the library and looked to the stars to see his old genin team and he reached out for them.

"I miss you guys... So, so much."he whispered.

"Who?"

He snapped out of his meditation and flipped away, into the advanced stance the war trained him to defend like. 

"Whoa!" a familiar childish voice squeaked and Kakashi finally recognized Obito, relaxing into his usual lazy stance. "Sorry Obito, you surprised me." he apologized, laughing lightly.  

Obito was on the ground rubbing his butt and he pouted. Kakashi held out his hand and Obito took it, patting himself down. "So... Who were you talking about?" he inquired, head tilting.

Kakashi froze and Obito noticed a flash of darkness come over his eyes before disappearing in a second. "Ma... Just... An old friend."he casually shrugged, walking away while ignoring Obito's cries.