Mission Success

Kakashi stood beneath the moonlight, a black wolf mask with silver markings sitting on his face

Kakashi stood beneath the moonlight, a black wolf mask with silver markings sitting on his face. Tiny Pakkun sat it his feet, looking up at him curiously with his big brown eyes.

"Henge."

A 20 year old man with silver hair and a face mask appeared in his place. He stretched and sighed, muttering how he missed this physique which only confused Pakkun even more. Too bad he didn't know how to talk yet.

"Wish me luck, Pakkun." he whispered, holding out his hand for Pakkun. Pakkun placed his soft paw on his palm and barked, Kakashi ruffling his head afterwards.

"Thanks buddy." Kakashi made a solid shadow clone of his child self and left it with Pakkun, then proceeding to dash off, into the night.

Tonight was the night the Rokudaime took his first mission of his second life.

To save his father from the scorn of the villages, and do his mission for him.

Even if this risked everything. He could be found, interrogated, killed. But if he could save at least his father from his unfair fate...

So be it.

But really... Who really could track the Rokudaime? The man who has been specializing in tracking for more than 50 years?

At that thought he smirked, every step covered without a trace to be left.

( Gates of Konoha )

"Move out!" Sakumo ordered, and they dashed out of the gates. He had a nagging feeling at the back of his mind but he shook his head, not noticing the shadow that hopped into the trees behind them.

He heard a whisper of clothes fly further away from them and whipped his head in that direction to find... Nothing... Just the wind...?

(Kakashi POV)

Tch. Basic mistake... I must be rusting...

Sakumo and his team which surprisingly his mother was in, continued onto their mission.

I don't remeber her being there...

He gulped as a chill ran down his spine. Were things changing already?

( Timeskip - 2 days, Iwagakure Borders )

"It's the White Fang!"

"Inform the ANBU! Raise defences! They must be here for the information! We're almost back home!" 

Sakumo continued slashing through all the shinobi with his white chakra blade, his team right behind him. Everything was fine... Till the ANBU arrived. Elite forces, people always underestimated them. They were chosen for a reason.

This were diffinitely not looking up to them when 60 of them appeared to take on Sakumo and his 4 team mates.

They were ragged and out of breath at 32 down till...

"Karasu!" Sakumo literally screamed as a sword came closer to her shoulder from an ANBU when she was bent over. Her eyes widened as her jaw dropped, and time seemed to slow down...

A flash of silver appeared in front of her and a man stood there, kunai in hand, blocking the sword. The sword dug slightly into his shoulder, but he didn't even flinch.

"Ma... It's rude to interrupt someone who's resting you know?" the man chuckled, hands whipping into quick signs and suddenly his hand burst with pure lightning chakra, the chirping of thousands of birds filling the air. 

His hand striked the ANBU quickly before he flashed in front of another, and another, till only Sakumo and his team were left. They didn't stand a chance.

Sakumo was gaping at the man with blood dripping of his right hand. He took down 28 men almost immediately...! The man turned around to face him, mask on. Silver hair...

He bent down and picked a scroll up, looking over to them. "This is what you guys needed?"

Sakumo immeditely went into his defensive position, the rest of his team soon following after.

The man raised both of his hands slowly, position casual.

"Ma... No need to get so defensive Sakumo-chan! I'm just a passing helper, call me... Okami.

I owed the Hatakes so consider this a favor in return... Hopefully I never see you guys again too, I can tell you know? Feelings are mutual. I don't trust you guys exactly as well...

So catch!" he hollered, before throwing the scroll in their direction and teleporting away.

Sakumo caught it and opened it catiously to find all of Iwagakure's information saftely inside. Nodding, he flashed his team a weak smile.

"Mission Success... Let's go home minna... I miss Kakashi already." he breathed, and they all sighed together, tired and exhausted.

Not far away a smile grew widely on a man's face, silver hair blowing in the wind.

Kami... Will this happy moment last as long as I hope for...?

He ran back to Konoha, legs burning from chakra exhaustion. 

(Timeskip 1 day - Konohagakure)

Kakashi stood beside Minato and the Hokage, Fugaku behind him with other family members of the rest of the teamates. Soon they saw four figures coming towards the gates and everyone felt smiles forming on their faces.

Sakumo had a light smile on his face but his eyes showed slight confusion and worry still. He appeared before the hokage, scroll in hand.

"Mission accomplished, Hokage sama."

The Hokage smirked and blew his pipe once more.

"Of course."

"Welcome home!" Obito cheered, Kakashi smiling brightly beside him. "Welcome home, otou san, Kaa san!". 

Sakumo grinned back. "It's good to be back Kakashi, Obito!" he laughed and kissed his wife, ignoring the 'ewws' Obito gave. Karasu blushed and bonked Obito on the head. Kakashi lightly laughed.

Everything is perfect... Kakashi thought, shoulder still stinging.

...  Just let me keep this little fantasy of mine...

... Even if it's just for a while longer...

Kakashi could feel that there was definitely a price to pay for this change.

( Timeskip- Later, Hokage's Office)

"... His name was Okami."

"I see... Kitsune, help investigate the scene."

(In Iwagakure)

"Konoha has been hiding such a weapon..."

"... Investigate the scene immediately, he's going on our bingo books..."

"... Make him pay."

(In an unknown cave)

"... Okami huh? What's his real name, Zetsu?"

...

"Hatake Kakashi."

"... So young yet so powerful..."

"Keep an eye on him Zetsu. He may be a useful asset for us in the future."

A/N

Meh. Short chap.

Srry...

-Migale373

Writing this on a phone...