Recover

(Question: How should Obito's Mangekyo Unlock...?)

...

"We will - at least - try to retrieve him." A gravelly voice growled from the office's door and everyone looked up to see Sakumo in his home clothes, eyes wild and dark.

A wild beast, those eyes spoke.

Karasu felt a spark of fear but pushed it away, looking determinedly to the Hokage. "Of course." she spoke, snapping the others out of their thoughts. Fugaku remembered the young child in his arms and nodded along with his sister.

One by one they agreed and Hiruzen finally gave in.

"We'll form a retrieval group - now who will we include-?"

"I'm volunteering." Sakumo snarled, fingers on the door frame gripping the wood so hard it cracked. Karasu looked worriedly to her husband. He wasn't the man she fell in love with, the Sakumo she fell in love in was kind, rational and loving, not a...

A Monster.

"Sakumo-" Hiruzen tried reasoning but Sakumo cut him off with a cold glare, teeth slightly showing.

"Don't question me Hiruzen-" Sakumo started but his eyes suddenly glazed over, and he fell forward.

Jiraiya caught him from behind, hand at Sakumo's neck and face grim.

"... He was emitting K.I throughout the entire area around the building." He started, shuffling to lay his old friend on the floor. His eyes flickered to them.

"So... What's the problem to make the most kind man I know besides Minato so furious?" Jiraiya asked, frowning.

...

Obito was training roughly underneath the scorching sun, body slick with sweat and black tank top sticking to him. His goggles were thrown a top his jacket strewn to the side, handkerchief underneath.

His hands wrapped in dirty blood speckled bandages, he threw punch after punch at the dummy, wild thoughts swirling in his head - all about that one person.

Kakashi.

Memories swarmed at him. Kakashi teaching him, eating with him at the dinner table, Kakashi smiling-

Obito grit his teeth and gave another frustrated yell before giving a chakra filled punch - blowing the stand away.

He breathed heavily, bending over and catching his breath, before standing up and cracking his neck.

He looked expectantly at the training ground gates for his sparring partner.

And not to disappoint, a boisterous laugh emitted from the tree lines.

"OBITO SAN!"

And Might Gai appeared, tight green spandex showing his healthy already strong muscular form.

"LET US HAVE A YOUTHFUL SPAR!"

Obito smirked as his eyes narrowed. He rolled his shoulders and shifted into his fighting stance.

"Bring it."

...

"Should I cut my hair?" Gin asked, plucking at his longer static strands of hair.

"Nahh, you look more like Madara sama that way!" Guru cheered, gripping Kakashi's wrists and inspecting the spiky head.

Gin innocently smiled along, "You're right!"