Passing Time

(1 year later - Kakashi, 7 years old)

3 year old Shisui walks onto the plateau and plops down beside Kakashi on the bench, who was watching the rain fall from the sky onto the garden outside. "Ne, Kashi?" 

"Hm?" 

"I was... Won-dar-ring why you have white hair while we all have black and bro-own." He asked, looking up at the white (It's silver!) haired boy that had a blue fan resting above his face.

"Ma, I'm only half Uchiha Shisui kun." he explained, chuckling softly while ruffling Shisui's curly hair.

"Really? Than do you have the Shar-ing-en?"

"Sharingan, Shisui, very close. And yes. Yes I do." he said, activating his eyes. Two tomoe in both eyes stared down at Shisui and the small boy shivered.  Kakashi unactivated his sharingans and sighed. Closing his fan, he placed a hand on Shisui's head, looking at him.

"Shisui, you are a very smart boy you know? So before the elders notice how smart you are, please. Enjoy your childhood?" and don't waste yours like I did mine.

Shisui tilted him head as if contemplating. He then grinned and nodded. "Un!" Kakashi smiled softly. "Good."

...

Fugaku sat across the boy and nodded. "You have done the Uchiha clan proud, graduating in merely 1 year. You may make a reasonable request."

Kakashi now had a habit of holding a fan in front of his face and his eyes bore into Fugaku. 

"... I want to request more training for Uchiha Obito, but only after he graduates, and for him to live with his grandmother under me and my fath- parents." he said after a minute of silence.

"Uchiha Obito...? Why would you want that?"

"... He's my little brother." he said in a clipped manner, looking over Fugaku's shoulder to avoid his hard gaze. "I adore him so. And he needs training. I don't want him to die so early in his shinobi career.".

Fugaku frowned. "Why only after he graduates?" Kakashi only stayed silent.

After a while he sighed in defeat.

"Accepted."

Kakashi gave him an eye smile from behind his blue fan.

After all, if Obito wasn't dead last, he wouldn't be able to get into Kakashi's team would he?

...

"... Aniki?"

"Hm?"

"Why... Are you so nice to me?" Obito asked, genuinely curious, while they were moving items to Kakashi's house.

Kakashi's step faltered a bit but he recovered and continued walking smoothly. "You are everything I can never be, Obito." he said simply, striding ahead.

"Huh what does that- Oi! Wait up!" Obito yelled, quickening his pace.

His grandmother smiled behind them.

...

Sakumo and Karasu welcomed them gladly in their household, happy that Kakashi was so fond of at least one person. His circle of friends was very small.

"The bathroom is over there and here is your bedroom! Kakashi's is right across the hallway and mine is beside his, your grandmothers beside yours." Sakumo finished, smiling. 

Obito grinned widely and with Kakashi in tow went to his newly assigned room. 

"Come on! Let's start decorating the Future Hokage's room!"