How You Get The Girl Ch. 01

And you were too afraid,
to tell her what you want.
And that's how it works.
It's how you lost the girl.

***

Karlie flopped down into her plush sofa with a heavy sigh. She was exhausted and just wanted to have long, hot bath and turn in early tonight. Karlie closed her eyes as she gathered the strength to get up and go to the bathroom. She didn't have the easiest day on the photoshoot this morning and it just got worse from there. Someone caught her and Taylor at the concert on a video and it was way too intimate for just a friendly outing. The video was posted online and after that it was spreading everywhere like a wild fire. Karlie heaved again, knowing all too well that the news wouldn't sit well with her girl.

Maybe it's time, Karlie thought.

Before Karlie could finished her thought, a loud knock came on her door. Too tired to deal with people at the moment, Karlie kept her eyes closed and ignored it, hoping that they would go away soon. Series of knocks came again, sounding more and more urgent as each passed. Karlie decided that it wouldn't just go away, so she hesitantly got up from the sofa and walked to the door. She looked through the peep hole and found Taylor there. Without even looking closely at her face, Karlie instantly knew that something was wrong. Taylor never came unnoticed. There were always a ton of protocols and decoys whenever they visited each other. Karlie hastily opened up the door and stepped aside to let Taylor in. Taylor came bursting into her apartment and went straight into the living room without even a word. Karlie followed the agitated girl with so much questions in her head.

"Tay, what happened? What's wrong?"

Taylor kept her back on Karlie, but it was visibly shaking. It was either from crying or barely contained rage. At this point, Karlie didn't know which was better. She dared to come closer to her girl and touched her shoulder gingerly.

"Come on. Tell me what's wrong."

Karlie's heart broke a little when Taylor flinched at her gentle touch. Taylor spun swiftly on her heels and faced Karlie with unshed tears on her eyes. Apparently it was from both angers and tears. Karlie swallowed the lump that was starting to form in her throat. Something terrible had happened and she was left with the storm. Taylor's eyes danced with fears and madness. They had been through some rough patches in their relationship, but Karlie had never seen her this way before.

"What did you mean by asking me what's wrong?" Taylor spat her words with rage. "Didn't you see the news?"

"Tay, calm down. It's going to be okay." Karlie dared herself to approach her again, but Taylor took a step back every time she stepped forward. That was they always did, moving forward but never actually getting anywhere.

"No, it is not, Karlie! They knew! Our video is everywhere and they say we are a couple of lesbians and in a relationship and madly in love with each other!"

"Well, that is actually hurt," Karlie thought. She pressed her lips together to avoid something that would just make things worse. She needed to be in a better place of mind this time. She couldn't fight fire with more fire.

"Aren't we all that? I mean," Karlie held her hands up, before Taylor managed to cut her with another burst of anger. "Aren't we in a relationship? Or madly in love with each other? I don't really know what this is to you, but I am. I'm all of those things, especially the 'madly in love' part."