You Belong With Me

Second part of Enchanted, You Belong With Me, Speak Now trilogy

***

Taylor knelt in front of the cake display beside the cashier counter. She had the most delicious chocolate cake yesterday here. It was the perfect balance of moist, creamy and volume. She wished that she could bake a perfect cake like it was but the the extend of her baking finesse were... Well, it was pretty non-existent now, but who knew, right? Taylor was more of a cook than baker anyway. Currently, Taylor had her eyes on either an opera cake or a classic strawberry cheese cake. Or maybe both?

"See something you like?" Karlie's voice came from above the counter and Taylor craned her neck to meet the beautiful brunette.

"Yeah," Taylor nodded excitedly. "I'm torn between the opera cake or this strawberry cheese cake. What do you think?"

Karlie squinted her eyes adorably. "Hmm. Tough choice. I'd say both are just as good, but I personally prefer the opera cake."

"Sold!" Taylor grinned.

Karlie laughed, happy that Taylor took her suggestion. "One opera cake, coming right up!"

Taylor said her thanks to the retreating back of Karlie. She walked to her seat and waited eagerly for Karlie to return with her cake. She was low on sugar and wouldn't get anything done if she forced herself to work right away. So she just played with her phone while she waited.

"Here's your cake and coffee, Tay."

Karlie didn't return to her fort right away, but standing in front of Taylor's table as Taylor took the first bite. The rich chocolaty flavor burst in her mouth as the cake touched with her tongue. Taylor couldn't hold back a sensuous moan.

"Get a room, you two," Karlie joked, but clearly pleased with Taylor's reaction.

"Oh, my god! It's so good!"

"Well, I'm glad you like it."

"Like it? I'm freaking love it! I could kiss the baker right now, just for creating a masterpiece like this one!"

Karlie gave Taylor a sly smirk. "Well, the baker is flattered and will cash her reward soon."

Taylor gaped at the smug girl in front of her. "Wait," Taylor held a finger, then pointed at the cake. "You made this?"

"I did," Karlie confirmed, now with rather shy smile. "All of the cakes and the pastries here are mine."

"Wow," Taylor leaned back to her seat, amazed by the revelation. The girl was not only pretty and smart, but talented as well. "It's amazing, Karlie! You should open your own bakery or something!"

Karlie was pleased that Taylor guessed correctly at her dream. "That's the plan. That's why I'm majoring in business."

"That's so cool. I'd totally be your first and most loyal costumer then!"

Karlie's green eyes gazed deep into Taylor's, making the shorter girl fidget under the attention. "That makes two promises you've made to me for today."

"What's the other one?"

"One kiss for the baker," Karlie replied with a flirty wink, before she turned around and returned to the counter.

***

Taylor knew that she should do something about this sparks between her and Karlie. Especially when Karlie didn't seem like she was going to do anything about it, despite being the braver one out of the two. Taylor walked into the coffee shop with an entirely different feelings today. She finally gathered her courage to ask Karlie out today. Taylor entered the place and greeted with the sight of Karlie, being shamelessly flirted by a tall, gorgeous blonde. Karlie entertained the flirt with her usual kind and easy going demeanor. Taylor frowned as she saw Karlie flirted back with the giggles. Something that felt a lot like jealousy was rising inside of her. Hell, no!

"Oh, you're a NYU student too?" Another giggles. "That's awesome! Me too!" More giggles. "I'm in the drama department."

Taylor decided that she had heard enough and approached the girls. Karlie beamed when she noticed Taylor. She greeted Taylor warmly, with a clear familiarity between them. Giggles turned her head too, with an obvious annoyance on her face.

"Taylor! You're early today! Want the usual?"

Taylor was about to answer when she noticed Giggles gave her once over. Just then, Taylor took a better look at Giggles. The girl was drop dead gorgeous, if you were into a bitchy girl look. Her blonde her was long and shiny, framing her regal face with defined cheekbones and full lips. She was lean and tall. God, how come she doesn't have any pores?

Taylor was suddenly self conscious about her plain look and the hoodies that she put on earlier. Giggles wore a cute salmon pink top with a tight black leather skirt. She even wore heels to campus! Giggles noticed Taylor's changed body language and tossed her a sly smirk. She was completely aware that she had dressed to ten this morning.

"Yes, please." Taylor mumbled, not looking at both Karlie and Giggles.

"Karlie, you're so tall and absolutely gorgeous. Have you ever considered to model? You would rock the runway with that long legs of yours!"

Karlie just shook her head and laughed good-naturedly. "God, no. I have other plan."

Taylor grabbed her coffee cup and muttered under her breath before she left. "She wants to open her own bakery, dumbass. I know that."

Taylor walked back to her seat, visibly deflated by the unfortunate occurrence. There was no way she could compete with that actress wanna be. Taylor looked wistfully toward the two tall girls, while bitterly admitting that those two would make a dashing couple together. Sighing heavily, Taylor knew that she wouldn't ask Karlie out today. Then for the first time of the last two months, Taylor put on her headset as she worked on her script. After all, there was nothing like a heartbreak or an unrequited love that would inspire a heartfelt love story.