Red

This is one of my favorite songs of Taylor's. It has one of the best lyrics and good vibes in it. In this chapter, I just wanted to play around with the theme of the song, a description of what love was like with someone. Both from Taylor's and Karlie's perspective. I also want to thank you guys for the 1k read! Cheers!

***

TAYLOR

The first time I saw her, like really saw her, all of the thoughts inside my head went silent. All of the noises, gone. Just like that, the sight of her occupied my whole mind. Why wouldn't it be? The girl was breathtaking, the epitome of what beauty should look like. The kind of beauty that I had been dying to put into words, into songs. Yet no words could've ever matched.

She had this wings on her, as colorful as she had painted my life ever since. An angel, I breathed as I saw her walking down the runway. Tall and poised. Sexy with this underlined innocence. She got me under her spell with a blink of the eye. How could you not fall for this girl? How could I resist her unstoppable charms? That night, she had woken up this part of me, that I had been trying to deny all my life. I was scared. Scared as hell as she started this ferocious avalanche inside of me. All of my defenses was crumbling down before her.

I was broken before her, you know? I hid behind these games I made with the other guys. I was like a scared little kitten, hiding behind the boxes and claws. It was her looks that reeled me in, but Karlie was more, way more beyond her looks. I still think that it isn't fair someone as beautiful as her has a wonderful soul to match. Then heaven did the impossible as it turned out that hers matched with mine. Boy, did we click instantly. It didn't matter what we do together. Baking, laughing, cuddling on a movie night, sharing pizzas and Chinese take-outs, exercising, road trip. All of them didn't really matter. She was the one that made everything blown out of proportions and suddenly, everything just seemed right. She painted the town red and colored the sky blue.

I still has my doubts, my insecurities. The ones I held close to myself, out of the sight of the prying eyes. She took them down and shot it dead. The walls I've built around me, the fears I had inside. She held my anxious hands tight and never let go. That's what she did. Everyone passed by as season changed, but she stayed. She opened each of my cards on the table and she chose to stay, despite everything else. I ran out of reasons to chase her away and she didn't bulge. She had my heart at ease. She had my heart in hers. She had me. Irrefutably, thoroughly hers.

Then I stopped falling. Instead, we soared. Higher than all of the rumors could've reached us. Higher than all of the prejudices and stigmas. She was my best friend. She was my sister. She was my soulmate. She was the only one that really got me. Hell, even we looked alike. That must mean something, right? Karlie Elizabeth Kloss, I don't know why on earth you picked me above anyone else. But I'm grateful. You put a whole new perspective into my life. You changed all of the underlined meanings behind my songs and made them yours. You are the best thing that's ever been mine. And I am yours. All the way, forever more.

***

KARLIE

Taylor had hundreds of layers in her. She was this many things at once and when you thought you knew her already, she continued to surprise you. But among her many qualities, she was genuinely kind. Talented, intelligent, beautiful, powerful, complex. I could go on, but I'm not the one who's good with words. She still had this childlike excitements, even with her being a superstar that she was. She still had insecurities. She was a person.

She was one of the few people in my life, that didn't want anything from me. Not my looks, my body or anything else. She literally had everything in the palm of her hand, yet she still found me.. Desirable. Thousands of people screaming her name, worshiped her to the point it was ridiculous and still, she wanted to be with me. Her star shined so bright, yet she called me her sunshine. She wasn't here to outshine me. She was here to hold my hand in my most important moments. She was there. She chose to stay.

She let me in, when I couldn't resist the pull of her gravity. She took my awkward advances and thought it adorable. She laughed at my jokes and shared my worries. She was possessive and made me feel wanted. Special, even. I would travel around the globe, trying to make my marks in this world and go back home to her. Then she would wrap me in her warm hug and showered me with kisses. Nobody else knew. But I knew. She knew. And it was more than enough.

Sometimes she strayed away. Sometimes she fed me up with her games. Sometimes we argued and left. Each time we walked away, only to find ourselves back together, back where we belonged. Then she showed me more of her world, played her songs and listed down her dreams. The dreams we shared together. Despite the circumstances, we stayed. She is my best friend. She is my person. And goddammit, she is mine. There's no doubt about what I'm feeling for her. I'm in love and I don't think it would ever go away.