Welcome To New York

"Hey," Karlie beamed when she saw Taylor walked into the room. "It's so nice to see you again!"

Karlie got up from her seat to give a peck to Taylor's cheek. She smells so nice, Taylor thought as she took in Karlie's floral perfume. I wonder what perfume she wears, Taylor thought while still hugging Karlie with her eyes closed. Just then Taylor realized that she was holding Karlie longer than necessary. Taylor reluctantly let the tall blonde go, with her cheeks blazing in awkward embarrassment. Karlie pulled a seat for her before she got into her seat. Taylor mumbled her thanks, not meeting Karlie's amused smile. She was still shy and awkward in front of the supermodel, despite their several meetings after they first officially met at Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. Taylor didn't really understand why Karlie kept agreeing to go out with her, despite of her lack of social finesse and Karlie's busy schedule. She was thankful regardless, because she really liked spending time with the charming model.

"So," Karlie leaned  into her seat after they ordered. "How was London?"

"It was amazing, as always. I hung out with Ed several times, had some business meetings and interviews," Taylor said with a shrug. "You know, just the usual."

"Cool," Karlie said, while chewing her ever present gum. "I'm so glad you called. I was just about starting to miss you." Karlie ended her sentence with a playful wink.

"Uh," Taylor stuttered. God, this girl will be the end of me!

Karlie just laughed at Taylor's adorable non-response. She ran her finger through her hair, which kept falling onto her face. Out of work, Karlie always dressed casually, unlike Taylor who liked to dress up whenever she was out. Maybe it was because even without her make ups and glamour attires, the girl was naturally beautiful. A dreamy smile played on the corner of Taylor's mouth while she was watching Karlie talking.

"Are you really not going to give me anymore details about your London's trip?"

"Well, I saw a couple of houses there with my parents."

"Houses? What for?" Karlie cocked her head in such an adorable way.

"Well, I was considering to move to London a couple of months ago. A lot of my friends are there and it is a great city. I love it there."

"What?" Karlie stared at her, open mouthed. "You're going to move to London? As in London, UK?"

"Well, if there's other London out there besides the one in UK, I'm not aware of it."

"I know we just met and it's not really my business," Karlie said carefully. "But nope, not happening."

"Huh? Why?"

"Because we barely meet each other while we're both in same country. With you moving across the ocean, who knows when we will see each other again?"

"But you are traveling around the globe for work," Taylor pointed out. "You even spend less time at home than I do."

"That's why you have to stay here in US, so we can easily meet up whenever we're free." Karlie then crossed her hands in front of her chest, looking skeptically at her friend. "What's so great about London anyway? If you want to move, why don't you move here?"

"To New York?"

"Yeah. It's the greatest city in the world!" Karlie said excitedly, warming up to the idea. "Imagine all the fun we could have here together?"

Taylor had to admit it sounded pretty damn good to her. But she wasn't really convinced that she should move here just to be close to a girl. She wasn't going to do that to herself again. It was hard enough the last time she went all out for a girl, just to get her heart broken. Deep down, Taylor knew that Karlie was special, but it was just too early to tell.