Stay, Stay, Stay

The sequel of 'All Too Well'

***

"Taylor! Baby, wake up!"

A firm, yet caring voice went through Taylor's hazy conscience, taking her back into the real world. Taylor was panting and sweating. The traces of her tears were still visible on her cheeks. Taylor looked around the dark bedroom, feeling confused as hell.

It's just a dream. Thank God, it's just a dream.

Then as the truth hit her, Taylor turned abruptly and tackled her confused girlfriend in a forceful, desperate embrace. Ouch, it's going to hurt tomorrow, Karlie thought. Yet she didn't pull away, but wrapped her arms around her still-sobbing girlfriend. Karlie rubbed Taylor's back in soothing circles, while murmuring her reassurances that everything was okay and she was safe. Karlie was curious what kind of dream that Taylor had so she reacted this way.

"Baby, it's okay. You're okay. I'm here."

"Thank God you're here, Karlie. Gosh, for a second I thought," Taylor choked and cried some more into Karlie's shoulder.

"It was just a dream, Tay baby."

"I know, I know. It's stupid and silly, but I thought you were gone and I lost you forever."

Taylor pulled away from Karlie's arms to look her concerned girlfriend right in her brilliant emerald eyes. Taylor cradled Karlie's cheek gingerly, like she still didn't quite believe that Karlie was really here and alive.

"What do you mean, baby?"

"In my dream, you got into a car accident," Taylor paused and sniffled, "and you were dead. God, it was awful. I can still feel it. The dread and anguish when I found out that you were gone."

"Aww, baby." Karlie pulled Taylor close again, engulfed her with her warmth. "I'm sorry. But I'm okay now. See? I'm still here, with you."

"I love you. So much. You know that, right?"

"I love you too, Tay. More than anything."

Karlie lowered her face to meet Taylor's lips with hers. It was soft, gentle and tasted heavenly. Karlie would never get rid of these butterflies, which would take off whenever she kissed or even just looked at her girl.

"Am I that bad of a driver, so that even in your dream I got into an accident?" Karlie's emerald eyes twinkled mischievously, trying to cheer up her girlfriend.

"It's not funny, Karlie!" Taylor pretended to be upset and swatted Karlie's arm.

"Too soon?"

"Obviously. And I'm still cranky and upset."

Karlie tapped the tip of Taylor's nose. "But you smiled a little, didn't you?"

Taylor couldn't hold back her smile now. "Fine. I did. And for the record, you are that bad. You should've seen your car. It was totally shredded into bits."

"Well, I've never done anything half-assed. So.." Karlie trailed off, just ending her sentence with a playful wink.

Still trying to reorganize her thoughts, Taylor furrowed her brows. What else did I see? Holy crap! A sly smirk played on her lips as Taylor moved her fingertips up and down Karlie's arms. Karlie shuddered at the touch and gulped hard. One second she cries and the next one she comes onto me.

"Do you want to know what else did I saw in my dream?"

"Umm," Karlie hummed absently as her mind was rather preoccupied with Taylor's daring touches all over her body.

"Well, we were about to come out," Taylor said in a seductive voice.

"Mmm. Did we?" Taylor was nuzzling her neck now and laid whispers of kisses against her sensitive skin.

"And you proposed to me," Taylor purred against Karlie's ear.

"Yeah?" Karlie muttered in automatic response. Then her eyes snapped wide open as Taylor's words finally got into her hazy mind.

"What? I proposed?" Taylor nodded.

"To you?" Taylor nodded again.

"Is this a passive-aggressive way of you to corner me into marriage?" Taylor just gave the surprised girl a sly smirk.

"Because if it was, then I have to give you points for creativity and innovation."

Taylor laughed at her girlfriend's joke. "Right now, I don't know if I should be mad or thankful that you always joke in inappropriate times."

"I like to make you laugh."

"I hate to admit that I like your stupid jokes too. And just so you won't be panicking in the next days, I'm not insinuating anything. Like you said, it was just a dream."

Karlie gazed into Taylor's eyes, trying to read what she was actually thinking right now. Taylor met Karlie's inquisitive eyes, then rolled out her tongue at her. Karlie snapped into laughter instantly, shaking her head in amusement.

"But seriously, do you want it?"

"Which one? The coming out part or marriage?"

"Both."

"I do. Actually my dream got me thinking that life is just too short and unpredictable for us to wait for something amazing, you know?"

Karlie nodded thoughtfully, getting to understand where this was going. "Of course."

"I think we have to start to plan about it. Maybe not tomorrow or next week. But I don't want to sneak around anymore. I just want to be with you."

"That sounds like a plan, babe."

***

Ps: I got you for a moment there, didn't I? ;)