33

[A/N: I kept everything relatively the same up until this point. This chapter varies greatly from the original chapter posted so the comments left behind no longer reflect what happened. This is just to clear up some confusion. While rereading over this story I decided to make some small changes which in turn forced me to make larger changes.]

Mai's thoughts were cut off when she heard a knock at the door. They both turned to each other in confusion and he looked at her as if to ask 'who the hell?'

"I got it." She gave him a smile but it never fully reached her eyes. She stepped out, pulling the curtain slightly as to not make a mess, and he watched the water trickle down her skin. She was breathtaking. He couldn't understand how he had gone so long denying how he felt for her. How he had spent so much time being an ass and pushing her as far away as possible.

She jogged quickly to the door, the cold wood on her bare feet making her move slightly faster than she probably would have on any other day. "Coming!" she screamed as the knock got a little louder. She didn't bother looking through the peephole and stood in disbelief at the fire red hair on the other side.

"You shouldn't be here." Mai stated plainly, her face going pale.

"Come on, I just wanted to check on my little sis." Rose gave her a pat on the head like a dog and pushed past Mai into the living room. "Cute, you guys have a Christmas tree." She smirked and turned to face Mai who instantly felt uncomfortable in her towel. She wished Harry would walk in and tell the red head to leave but she also didn't want him anywhere near her. She was at a loss.

"You need to go." She spoke bluntly and attempted to hide the anger and sadness in her voice but it was seeping through.

"How long do you really think this is going to last? Get your head out of the clouds Mai." Rose, didn't sit down, she never did. She never stayed in one place long enough to get comfortable. She was coming to do damage, then leaving.

"I don't think you have any right coming in here and speaking-" Mai motioned toward the front door urging her to leave but Rose held her hand up in the air signaling for Mai to stop talking.

"What? You're in love now? Let me guess, you guys made love and now everything is sunshine and rainbows-," Rose glanced at Mai's hand that was holding her towel up and smiled even brighter when she noticed the small diamond ring, "Wow, you're more fucked than I realized."

"You NEED to go." Mai spoke through gritted teeth on the verge of tears. The sight of her sister laughing and making a mockery out of her in her own home caused a rage inside of her that she didn't know she had.

"Oh, you're too shy to talk about your sex life? I'm sure Harry will spill the dirty details." Rose chuckled and walked towards the bathroom where Harry was singing at the top of his lungs, the water still running.

"Don't act like you know anything." Mai's voice was raising and she shut the front door, passing Rose and going to her bedroom. She shut the door behind her, hoping her problems would just go away, but it doesn't work like that. She rummaged through her drawers, trying to find something suitable for work. Her shift wasn't until 1pm but she was determined to get as far away from the things her older sister was saying.

"So you haven't had sex." Mai could hear the condescending laugh from her sisters voice through the thin walls and she bit hard on her lip while continuing to put herself together. "You won't have sex with him." Rose gasped and tapped on the door softly, tempting Mai to open the door and swing on the person she grew up with. Mai pushed the thought to the back of her mind, she was never one to fight and she knew it solved nothing. She decided to leave physical violence in the past with her father.