t w o

My stomach sank. I don't know why. I was over him, but the thought of him being with someone else just...wait. Am I... jealous? It's not like I could've been any better. He deserves the best. That's what I'm not. "Uh, Y/n?" Tyler's voice pulled me out of my thoughts. I look up at him. "You okay?" I nod and plaster on a rather fake smile. Tyler nods and he walks back to wherever he was with Mark. I slightly sigh and put my head down. "I know you're not okay." I jump back at Ethan's voice. I get scared yet again. I furrow my brows at him.

"I am. I'm gonna attempt to unpack now so..." I trail off to signal him to leave. He nods slowly and walked away. But, he stopped and turned around.

"If you need anything, I'm here." A smile dances on his lips. Making one dance on mine. I nod and he leaves, closing the door behind him. I sit down on the bed, covered with white sheets. I sigh. Why do feelings have to be so complicated? Why is everything so complicated? I lay down, staring at the ceiling. I take a deep breath and close my eyes. I begin to think everything over.

The bed began to feel a lot more comfortable. I shuffled a little bit. Sleep started to take over, and I got the nap I've been waiting for.

Mark's POV
Tyler is here! Oh, and Y/n. It's feels weird seeing her again. I don't know why. It's just... weird. I feel like there's something there. Not love, I love Amy of course. But, something she kept away from me. I help Tyler unpack for a little bit. Then, I walk over to Y/n's room. As I got closer, I heard soft murmurs. I opened the door quietly. She was sleeping. As she talked in her sleep, her voice got louder and louder. I furrowed my brows, mentally searching for an answer, very frantically.

She began getting beads of sweat all over her forehead. I look for a towel or some sort of rag to wipe the sweat off. I open and close a couple of drawers, finding one in the fifth drawer I opened. To think, this is my house. I should know my way around here. I hear a shriek followed by heavy breathing. I turn around in an instant, Y/n.

I rush over and pull her into my embrace. Her head against my chest, my arms around her waist. She wraps her arms around me tightly. She closes her eyes, still trying to catch her breath. I hear heavy footsteps coming towards the room, Tyler. Oh shit, I'm hugging his little sister. He's gonna kill me. My thoughts keep me trapped as Tyler walks in. "Y/n, are you okay?" He walks over, pulling her away and taking her in his embrace. "Y/n, it's okay. I'm here." He repeated as tears trickle down her cheeks.

"I-Yo-Bu-" She tries to get something out, but fails. Her cheeks, stained with tears. Her eyes, bloodshot. I just want to hug her, but I can't. Tyler won't let me. I would probably get killed. What can I do? Nothing.

"Shhh. It's okay. Shhh." That's the part that hurts the most. When you know someone needs something, but you can't help. You're helpless. You can't do anything at all. Nothing. I walk out of the room, my head hung low. I walk into the living room, I slump onto the couch. I feel the couch dip on the other side. "Mark? You okay?" The voice of a blue boy echoes through the room. I look up at him, I nod slowly, making the ends of my lips curl into a smile. He nods slowly and gets up. "I'm gonna get going, okay?" I slightly sigh.

"Okay, see 'ya." He nods again and walks out the door, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

Go, go check on her.

W-Who are you?

I'm you, Mark.

What?

I'm your conscious. I know how you feel, you're worried. Go check on her.

I'm not worried.

Yes, you are. Now, go! Check on her.

Why should I listen to you?

Trust me, Mark. Go.

Fine. I'll go.

I walk upstairs and towards her room. I hear giggling. S-She's okay. A smile dances on my lips.

See, I told you.

Shut up.

I knock on the door. I hear a faint 'Come in!' I walk in and see Tyler sitting beside her, both of them smiling. I walk over to the bed. "You okay?" She slowly nods her head.

"Yeah, just a bad dream." Oh, thank god. I breathe out, then a smile began dancing on my lips. But, what was in it?

"Dare I ask, what happened in your dream? Or would you want to keep it to yourself?" She gives off a slight sigh.

"I don't really feel like talking about it." She rubs the back of her neck, nervously. I nodded, smiling sincerely. Thank god, she's okay.

Or maybe she's not.