f o u r

Ethan's POV
I'm so bored. Nothing to do, no where to go. I lay down on my bed and stare up at the ceiling. One, and only one thought circles my head. What's Y/n doing? Why am I thinking about her so much? I mean, she's pretty, she has a nice smile, sh- wait. I-I like her? How can I like her? I just met her. Ugh, stop it Ethan! It's never going to happen.

I pick up my phone, I press the on button and the phone's light illuminates my eyes. I swipe the pad of my thumb across the screen and punch in my password. I open my messages and click Mark's name. Might as well ask him if I can come over.

Ethan
Hey Mark?

Mark
Yeah?

Can I come over?
It's really boring over here

Why don't we come over to your place?
We always hang out at my place
It'll mix things up

Alright

Sweet, I'll tell everyone else, see ya in about 15 mins

Later

Alright. I get up off the bed. Better get ready.

As I look over the food, the door bell rings. A smile goes across my face and I jog over to open it. I open the door and see Mark, Amy, Tyler, Y/n, and Kathryn. The whole gang's here. A smile goes across my face. "Hey guys! Thanks for coming!" I hug each and everyone of them. As I pulled Y/n into my embrace, my heart melted. What's happening to me? I shake my head out of my thoughts and walk towards where everyone was sitting. "So, what do you guys 'wanna do?" Everyone turns their heads.

"Games?" Kathryn asks. Everyone starts mumbling 'Yeah'.

"Alright, does Super Smash Bros. sound good?" Everyone nods. "It's the new one, well 'kinda. It's the one for Wii U." I put the disc in and grab four controllers. I hold them on front of everyone, who ever wants one, took one. The first four people playing were Amy, Kathryn, Y/n, and Tyler. Amy was Marth, Kathryn was Zelda/Sheik, Y/n was Captain Falcon, and Tyler was Kirby.

As the match began, everyone was on the edge of their seat. Y/n was flying all across the map and laughter filled the room. Along with some 'Shut up's. Then, Tyler was out. He was killed by Y/n. As Amy and Kathryn fought, Y/n stayed on the other side of the map. Letting it happen. "I'm just gonna wait until one of you are left." Everyone laughs and Kathryn is killed. That leaves Amy and Y/n.

Amy charges towards Y/n, but she dodges. She hits Amy with a Falcon Punch and Amy flies off the map. "Y/n cheated!" Tyler got up. She smirked.

"Now Tyler, don't be a sore loser." We all burst into laughter. Mark called Y/n over. She sat beside him.

"Now tell me, how do you do this sorcery?" A lot of jokes were made and they got closer in less than ten minutes. Then, I saw fury in Amy's eyes. She stormed off. Everyone looked at each other, confused. Mark got up and went after her.

We heard lots of things. But, the one that struck us most is Amy going "You know who she is! You know what she can do!" Y/n sank in her seat and Tyler came over and comforted her. I saw a few tears escape her eyes. I wish I was the one hugging her. No! I can't! It will never happen, Ethan! Never! God, this is gonna be hard. I sit down next to Kathryn. "Actually, I'm 'gonna go check on them." I get up and walk towards the bedroom. I still hear them arguing.

"Mark, don't do that shit!" Amy yells. It startled me.

"She's an old friend and Tyler's sister! I've known her for as long as I've known Tyler!" Mark was really mad.

"You know what?! Fuck it! We're taking a break!" I could feel how sad Mark was. I didn't hear anything after that. I guess Mark nodded. I heard some shuffling and I went back to everyone else. Tyler looks up at me. "What happened?" I shake my head. Mark and Amy come out of the room. They sit in separate seats. I try and look surprised so I don't look like I know what happened.

Y/n's POV
What the hell is happening? I just wanted to come to LA and be happy. I guess I can't know. Why does everything bad happen to me? This is so shit. I hate this. I want to go back. I open my mouth to speak but I hear footsteps coming. Mark and Amy came back but they sat in different seats. Tyler and I look at each other. "Guys." Mark starts. "We're sorry. But, in order to fix everything, we're taking a break." I was taken back. They're actually taking a break? They're high school sweethearts. They should be madly in love. Everyone murmured an 'okay' or 'oh'. We continued on with the night.