s e v e n

Mark's POV
As Amy and I were in the car, I made sure to take the fast lane. So many thoughts raced around in my head. Was I the cause of this? I am. I'm the one who had to say 'Let's play Marco Polo' I couldn't just have kept my stupid mouth shut. I was so deep in thought that the car almost went into the wrong lanes. I took in a sharp breath and grounded myself. I felt Amy's hand on my bicep. I glance at her, her face filled with worry once again. I eased into my seat and continued driving.

We reached the hospital and ran in. We rushed to the front desk. "Hi, how can I help you?" The receptionist seemed really cheery. I like how in a place where so many people pass away, people are still smiling. I spoke, urgently. "We've come to visit Y/n Scheid." She looked though some files on the computer.

"Yes, Y/n Scheid. She's in room 253." We quickly thanked her and rushed up to the room. We walked into the elevator and saw an elderly couple holding hands. Smiles grew on our faces. We stood by them and I pressed the second floor button. We waited patiently. But, I was getting slightly impatient. We reached the second floor and walked out. We ran to Y/n's room and saw a man, sitting on the floor with his head in his hands. His curly hair gave it away.

"Tyler?" He looked up, showing his bloodshot eyes and tear stained cheeks. His blue eyes that once resembled an ocean, were gone. He got up. I hugged him, tears flowing down my cheeks. He let go and hugged Amy. "Ethan should be here by now. I texted him before we left." We all looked at each other, confused.

Tyler wiped his cheeks and reached for something in his pocket. He took out a piece of paper. "I saw this on the counter when I found her. I still haven't re-" He unfolded it and stopped, his jaw dropping. His eyes scanned the whole page. He looked up at us. "I-It's... I-It's..." I put my hand on his bicep. He looked back down at the page. "It's a suicide note."

My stomach stomach sank. I couldn't believe it. Why would she do that? I glance at Amy. She had the same expression I had. I knew she was thinking what I was thinking. Why? I was so taken back that I fell to my knees. I was so in shock I didn't know how to respond. "Mark?" Tyler looks down at me. I realized that I was on the floor, so I got up quickly. The door to the room opened and showed a male doctor, in about his fifties. "Tyler Scheid?" He looks between Tyler and I. Tyler steps up and the doctor looks at his clipboard. "I'm Dr. Moore. Y/n is in stable condition, but she is still unconscious. It'll take her a few days to wake up as she has lost a lot of blood. But, she can take visitors." He quickly finishes and we thank him.

He walks away and Tyler slowly opens the door. She was lying on the bed, the heart monitor beeping. Her left forearm completely wrapped up. Tyler ran to her side, taking her hand in his. Tears started to trickle down his cheeks again. I walk up behind him and place my hand on his shoulder. He puts his head down on the bed. Amy brings a chair up behind him, he sits down without taking his eyes off of Y/n. There was a knock at the door. I go over to open it and see our favourite blue boy, holding flowers. "Sorry I took lo-" I cut him off by hugging him. I pull away and he walks further into the room.

He gives Amy a hug then walks to Tyler. He looks up at him. Tyler get up and hugs him. Ethan sets the flowers down and walks next to me. "When is she 'gonna wake up?"
A shuffle a little bit. "Probably in a couple days. That's what the doctor said anyways."

Amy's POV
Why did Tyler have to find her?! Couldn't she have just died? As you can tell, I'm beaming on the inside. Even though I look like I'm sad. God, this would've been so much more fun if she wasn't here. "I'm 'gonna go get something to eat, you guys want anything?" Everyone shakes their heads. I quietly leave the room to go to the small coffee shop in the hospital.

I order an iced dark roast. I sit at an empty table and begin sipping my drink. How long can I stand his girl? How long can she stay?