Chapter 2

I hear the door to the apartment open and then I hear Jake say, "I really hope that they're also getting a cake. I haven't seen one in the fridge yet."

Kylie laughs and then the lights to the apartment turn on. Everyone jumps up and we all yell, "Surprise!"

Jake beams as Kelly and I walk towards him and pull him in for a big hug. When we pull apart he says, "You guys did this?"

Kelly nods and says, "We wanted this to be a special birthday for you."

Jake smiles and then turns to everyone else and says, "Thank you all for coming. I really appreciate it."

They all cheer and then the party begins. Kelly and I set out food and drinks and begin to mingle with everyone. Very soon I'm standing with Dawson, Brett, and Chillie. We talk about various things and then Brett says, "How long have you and Kelly been married now?"

I smile and say, "Seven months. It's been pretty amazing."

They all nod and then Dawson says, "I was surprised that Kelly decided to settle down. Before you showed up I swear he had a new girl every week but as soon as you arrived at the firehouse all of that went out the window."

Brett and Chillie chime in their agreement and I can't help but laugh. I'm about to bring up a different topic when Chillie says, "Have you and Kelly thought about ever having kids of your own?"

I nod and say, "We talked about it the other night actually. We both want kids but we figured we'd wait a little while longer to start trying."

The girls nod and then Kelly announces that it's time for cake. Everyone grabs a piece and enjoys the rich chocolate flavor.

Before I know it the party has ended and everyone is on their way home. After Kelly and I have tidied up a bit we're on our way upstairs to go to bed when Jake turns to us and says, "Thank you for today guys. It's been awhile since I've been this happily surprised."

I smile at Jake and say, "You're so welcome. You deserved this. We love you Jake."

With that Kelly and I go upstairs and get ready for bed. Once we're ready we climb into our bed and fall asleep cuddling.

------------------------------------

Thanks for 210 reads! My Christmas break ends soon so my updates won't be as frequent but I'll do my best to make sure they're not too spaced out. -Becca