Chapter 9

I slip on a tank top and a pair of shorts. I then go downstairs to see Kelly and Jake already eating their McDonald's at the table. I grab mine and once I've started eating Kelly says, "Everyone from 51 will be here in an hour to help. You're going to the new house and directing everyone there, right?"

I nod and say, "Yea. I'd love to help but I'm under strict doctor's orders not to."

Jake swallows the last of his breakfast and says, "Quinn, that's a good thing. We all know you would overdo it and that's not good for you or the baby."

Kelly and Jake both erupt into fits of laughter which makes me give them the stink eye. When Kelly sees this he laughs even harder. I throw my wrapper at him and say, "Not funny mister. I'm pregnant, not bedridden."

Kelly finishes his little episode and then him and Jake finish packing the last few things while I make sure everything is in order for the move. In no time at all a few people start showing up to help us. They all get their vehicles loaded up as well as mine and then I give them the address for the house and we all make our way there. When we arrive I unlock the front door and say, "Okay, so everything in my car as well as Hermann and Mouch's goes to the kitchen. Otis and Cruz, your stuff goes to the living room, and finally Casey and Dawson your boxes will go upstairs."

Everyone nods and disperses to begin unloading their vehicles. When the next group arrives I direct them and we continue that pattern throughout the day. When the day is finally over all of our stuff has been moved and we've already started unpacking and making the house ours.