Chapter 13

I smile at Kelly as he brings the final roll of wallpaper upstairs. He sets it down on the floor and then I say, "So I painted the walls a light pink this week and now all we need is the wallpaper on the feature wall. After you're done with the wallpaper we can get everything set up."

Kelly nods and begins to put up the flowered wallpaper. We're a month and a half away from my due date so I made Kelly take the weekend off of work to help me set up the nursery. Aside from picking baby names, the nursery is the only thing left to get ready for our baby girl's arrival. As Kelly puts the wallpaper up we talk about various topics, but mostly about the baby and what a big change she'll bring to our lives. Despite this though, we're both so ready to be parents to our own little girl.

After an hour and a half Kelly has the wallpaper up and it's both gorgeous and exactly how I pictured it. I smile at Kelly and say, "It is so perfect. Thank you Kelly."

He smiles and says, "You're welcome. I'm glad it turned out the way you wanted it to love. Now, I figured I could set up everything and when I'm done putting it together you can decorate it. Deal?"

I nod so Kelly goes to the spare bedroom and moves the small dresser into the nursery and puts it exactly where I asked. As I begin to put the baby's clothes in there he brings in the other pre-assembled pieces like the change table, rocking chair, and nightstand. Once he's placed them where I've asked he begins to assemble the crib.

Just as I've finished getting everything into the dresser Kelly also finishes the crib and moves on to constructing the bookshelf while I begin to arrange the change table the way I'd like. I set up a lamp on the nightstand by the rocking chair and then move to setting up the crib. I put in the large mattress pad with the feather fabric in the crib and then the mattress with the flowers on it and get any creases in the fabrics smoothed out. I then place the blanket with the feathers on it that came with the mattress set on the railing of the crib. Just as I've finished with the decorating of the crib Kelly finishes the bookshelf so together we set up the small collection of books and stuffed animals on it. When we're finished we take a step back and as we look at the completed nursery I feel even more excited for the arrival of our baby, if that was even possible.