Chapter 11

---Jake's POV---

I smile at Dawson as I walk into Molly's with a box of decorations. I set them down on the bar and then she says, "Alright, we have two hours to get Molly's read for a "baby shower". Is Quinn excited?"

I laugh and say, "You have no idea. She'll be even more excited when she finds out this is actually a gender reveal."

Dawson agrees and then says, "I told everyone to buy for a girl so that's covered and the Cake Pops turned out perfect. I just hope Quinn gets it when she bites into hers and the cake is pink."

"She will. I'm sure of it. Now, we need to get started on the decorating."

Dawson nods and helps me as we put up the silver streamers. After that's done we put up purple balloons and then set up a few subtle pink decorations like table centerpieces and light strings. Once the decorating has been taken care of Dawson begins to look after restocking the bar while I prep food and put it in the fridge. Dawson and I get a couple more things ready and then everyone from 51 begins to arrive so we prepare for Quinn and Kelly's arrival.

---Quinn's POV---

Kelly and I join hands as we walk up to Molly's. Dawson and Jake planned a baby shower for me so I'm super excited to see what they've put together. Kelly is extremely excited as well but for whatever reason he seems more excited than I am. Kelly opens the heavy wood door for me and as we enter, everyone cheers. I smile and then Jake comes up and I say, "This is amazing Jake. Thank you."

He nods and replies, "You're welcome. It's the least I could do. Now, what can I get the two of you to drink?"

Kelly asks for a beer while I order iced tea. After Jake has brought us back our drinks Kelly and I begin to move around the bar and talk with everyone else. Several minutes later Dawson stands up on a stool and says, "Hey everyone!"

All of the chatter quickly dies down so she says, "First off, thank you all for coming. Secondly, let's take a moment to celebrate our very own Kelly and Quinn becoming parents of their own little one in three short months!"

Everyone cheers and then Dawson says, "I'll keep this brief, but I just wanted to say a huge congratulations to Quinn and Kelly. A baby is a life changing event but I don't know anyone who would be more ready than you two are. Now, before I let either of you touch the gifts, we're eating these cake pops first."

The cake pops are passed around and then Dawson says, "Alright, everyone take a bite in 3, 2, 1... now!"

We all take a bite and I see that the cake is pink. I look over at Kelly and see tears welling up in his eyes and then look at everyone else and see that the inside of their cake pops are also pink. My hand flies to my mouth and then Dawson says, "Congrats you two, you're having a baby girl!"

Tears of joy begin to spill out of my eyes as Kelly and I embrace. When we pull apart we wipe each other's tears away and then I say, "How?"

He smiles and says, "That day at the doctor's office, I actually did get the gender. I gave it to Jake so he and Dawson could plan a gender reveal party like you talked about."

I smile and we share in a passionate kiss. We then begin to open everyone's gifts.