Chapter 3

I roll over in the bed and see Kelly still sound asleep. We both worked a double shift to help out some people on squad at another house so now we have two days off. No one ever said being a fire fighter was an easy job but it's always very rewarding.

I'm shaken from my thoughts when I hear Kelly stir. His eyes flutter open and he smiles at me. I cuddle into his chest and we lay like that for a few minutes. After Kelly has had a chance to wake up a bit more he says, "I found something of yours last night."

I give him a quizzical look and say, "And what exactly did you find?"

He looks down at me and says, "A pregnancy test. Are you..."

I take a deep breath and say, "Yes. I'm pregnant. I think I'm around two weeks along but I have a doctor's appointment in a couple of days to confirm."

Kelly kisses the top of my head and says, "I can't believe it. Are we even ready for this?"

I nod and say, "I think we are. I know I am and I believe you are too."

Kelly nods and then says, "Quinn, what if I'm not a good Dad? What if I mess up or..."

I look him right in the eyes and say, "Kelly, don't even worry about that. You're going to be an amazing Dad."

He smiles and says, "What would I ever do without you? I'm just so lucky that you're my wife."

"Oh Kelly, I don't know what I would do without you either."

We smile at each other and share in a passionate kiss. We stay in bed for a few more minutes and then get up to start our day. Once I'm downstairs and I've started on our breakfast Kelly comes down to join me. He places his large hand on my middle and says, "Our baby is in there."

I chuckle slightly and say, "Technically, yes. It isn't much of a baby yet though."

He smiles, kisses my forehead, and says, "I love you so so much."

I smile too and say, "I love you as well baby."

He smiles at me and then helps me finish making breakfast.

---------------------------

Thanks for 414 reads! -Becca