Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Narnia's POV

*Flashback of 3 years ago (13 years old)*

Mina, I really thought we were good friends...

Taeho confessed his love to me. I rejected him, but he asked for a friend hug afterwards. So I hugged him, and Mina saw us. I immediately ran over to her and tried to explain, but a dangerously evil face took over her usual sweet and nice expression. I was scared, and I backed away.

"You will regret this, Park Narnia. Remember, I know everything about you." She exclaimed and ran away. My breathing became ragged as I thought about what she was going to tell everyone.

"No, not that secret... please..." I whispered after her.

After that day, I came to school everyday faced with more and more enemies and disgusted faces. At that point, I figured Mina had told everyone my secret.

That was the day I knew I shouldn't trust people so easily, but it was too late. Everyone hated me, no one cared. My parents started to look at me differently too, after all the things our neighbors had said to them. It was my fault that they were being looked at weirdly. They weren't wrong at all, somehow they'd just had a baby that had an abnormal ability.

*End of Flashback*

"Ew, look at her. She's so ugly."

"Ssh, what if she hears? Haha, that'd be great though. She'll know how ugly she is!"

"Yeah." Two girls chuckled as I walked by across the street.

My name is Park Narnia. I'm 16 years old, and a sophomore in a Korean high school. Let me tell you why those girls were talking about me, and how I heard them.

When I was a baby, I was born with crystal blue eyes. My parents named me Narnia because of that. 'What? That isn't even magical. People have blue eyes all the time.' You might say. But in my family, no one. And I mean no one, has any color of eyes other than a dull brown color. Even my ancestors had the same colors of eyes as my own mother and father. So the entire family went berserk when they discovered my eyes. But that just made me more special to them.

Around the time when I was 3 years old, I started to hear weird things. Like conversations of people from across the street. I knew that wasn't normal, and my parents also knew that. So they took me to the doctor, but no one could figure out why my ears were that way.

'She's not human!' Some people would say. But most people didn't know about my special power... until I was 13. I had one friend, and she was my best friend. Her name was Kwon Mina, and she was so sweet to me. I thought she could be trusted, so I told her my secret when we were 10. But as we grew older, boys started to pay attention to girls. Especially me. Everyone was attracted to my 'mysterious but beautiful' eyes. Soon enough, Mina became jealous. But she still remained my loyal friend, and I loved her for that. However, she had one boy in her life that she loved more than anything. She would probably have died for him.

But he chose me. And after that, Mina went on crazy bitch mode and told everyone my secret. It spread around like wildfire, and as the days passed I saw people looking at me differently and not telling secrets around me. But I heard everything they said. Even if a person were a world away, I could hear them. It creeped me out too, to be honest. But that was me and I had to accept myself.

-

As I arrived in my class, some people stopped talking, afraid I'd hear them. But others kept right on talking.

"Oh, here comes Narnia. Be careful she doesn't hear you!" They giggled.

"Oh no, she'll hear all our secrets!" Another said sarcastically. I smirked, since I did really know all her secrets. Kim Sohee. 16 years old and has a crush on Gunho, a senior. But Gunho likes another girl, so that's not going to work for Sohee. Too bad.

I plugged in my earphones and sighed. My music was on full blast, to block out all the unwanted noise and voices my ears picked up. I could hear my teacher walking towards the class, so I unplugged my headphones and put my phone away. I tried to do my best in school so that at least my parents wouldn't be blamed for raising a dumb kid. They've already had enough, people tell them that their kid is creepy. It must be hard for them to even smile at me. I sighed. The teacher opened the door.

"Good morning, everyone!"

"Good morning!" I said enthusiastically as everyone else just groaned. The teacher smiled at me. Although all my teachers, and probably all the staff in the school knew my secret, they liked me because I never caused trouble and I was a straight A student. I showed respect for adults, unlike most of the other students.

"Today, we will be getting a new student!" The teacher said.

"I hope it'll be a boy! A handsome one!" One girl whispered to another.

"Hopefully it'll be a hot girl." One boy whispered to another.

Personally, I didn't give a fuck as long as he or she didn't disturb me. I hated all people, and all people hated me. That was how it was supposed to be.

"Please welcome, Kim Taehyung!" She said as a boy walked into the class. Everyone was silent for a moment, looking at him. Even me, I'll admit he was cute. His hair was died red and had a headband around his head which parted his hair two ways. He was smiling the most adorable rectangle-shaped smile ever. He had his hands tucked into the pockets of his uniform.

"Omo (Korean way of saying omg), he is so cute!"

"Daebak (wow)! He's the cutest boy I've ever seen!"

I heard other girls say.

"Kim Taehyung, you may sit in any open seat." The teacher said as Taehyung's eyes darted around the room. There were only available seats next to me, because no one wanted to sit near me. He smiled and walked over to me as others had their jaws hung open.

"Hello, what's your name?" Taehyung asked me.

"N-Narnia... Park Narnia." I replied. "Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too, let's be friends okay?" He sat down next to me.

"Y-yeah..." After a couple of minutes you'll catch on. Then you'll dislike me just like everyone else. I faked a smile and then got back to work as the teacher started explaining the concept.

"That bitch better keep her hands off of him." I heard someone whisper.

{Lunch}

I went to my locker and put the extra books into it, then got my lunch bag out. I saw all the new words on the front of my locker.

'Bitch' 'Go die' 'No one likes u' Were scribbled in black pen that couldn't be scrubbed off. I shut my locker forcefully and went to the cafeteria to find someplace to eat.

"Narnia!" I heard someone yell. Taehyung was the one who had screamed my name. I smiled and waved at him. "Come eat lunch with me and the boys!" I smiled tightly and walked over.

"I'm sorry, but I don't think they'd like that..." I trailed off as the boys at his table stared at me disgustedly.

"Guys! Be nice to her!" Taehyung said pouting.

"Ok, okay. Fine. Narnia you may sit here." The boys said.

"Thank you, Taehyung. You're the first person to ever do this for me."

"You're welcome!" He sat me down next to him and we started to eat our lunch.

I ignored the glares and stares I got throughout the day.