Chapter 18

*Flashback*

They all walked back to the van, everyone looked so tired. No one talked on the way back, still trying to process what happened. Back at base the two teams and Yoonmin held an emergency meeting.

Yoonmin: "Okay for now we can-"

Suho: "Yoonmin, I think it's time to stop now."

Yoonmin: "NO! We... We... we can still help people, who-"

Suho: "YOONMIN. Everything has been a lie! Do you think that people are going to stay after they hear about what happened???"

Baekhyun: "Hyung... don't freak out... Let's all be calm."

Yoonmin: "We can just say that something happened to Ian and that he is gone. Which isn't a complete lie, it's just not the entire truth."

Suho: "And what if people ask for the truth. What will you say then?"

Yoonmin: "Well hopefully by then they will trust us enough to stay and let us lead them."

Suho: "Us?"

Yoonmin: "Yea us we could take over and protect these kids, and teach these kids to protect themselves and others."

S.Coups: "Okay, I get where both of you guys are coming from... But I think it's time to acknowledge the end Yoonmin..."

Yoonmin: "But-" (looks around) "Are any of you guys willing to stay?"

The boys looked around at each other, wondering what they should do.

S.Coups: "Why don't we think more about whether to stay or not and meet up tomorrow..."

*Yoonmin's POV*

As the guys started to leave one by one, tears started to crawl up, so I put my head down to let them fall. I... I don't want things to end... I thought we could stay together....

Soon it was just me in the room... By then I was bawling... I try to stop, but tears just kept falling... With my head down I head to the sparring arena. I take a pole from the side and start training again...

????: "You know you look silly crying like a baby, but beating the crap out of that training dummy?"

*3rd Person POV*

A couple of the guys met up at  the kitchen.

Dino: "Hyung what are you going to do?"

S.Coups: "I have no clue..." (runs hands through hair) "It's a chance for us to go and live normal lives..." (rubs face) "But as leader, I feel like I need to stay."

Kai: "I'm staying."

Dino: "Huh? Why?"

Kai: "All we have done for our entire lives was train, train, and train even more. We wouldn't be able to survive out there. We have no connections, no money, no school background, and we can't exactly put secret agent on our resumes. Plus Dino you're not an adult yet... you would be taken to an orphanage."

Dino: "Nope. That's it, I'm staying."

S.Coups: "No he won't go to an orphanage... The younger ones all went to school while training. They can just go back."

Kai: " For them yes it's easy, but what about for you and me? What about all the older members? What do you plan to do as a person with only a high school graduate label?"

S.Coups: "We could apply to college, we can go to school!"

Kai: (scoffs) "With what money?"

S.Coups: "We can do part time jobs. Save money and go to college! We have a chance to start over! We have a chance to live a normal life, and not be scared of losing our lives!"

Kai: "Yea you can get part time jobs and save up money, but what will you do when you immediately get out of here? No money for food, or housing. It's not like this place is going to give you money for leaving."

S.Coups: "We can stick it out like all the other people who don't have houses, or jobs."

Kai: "Well you can put yourselves through that, I won't."

---- Back with Yoonmin ----

*Yoonmin's POV*

I turn my head to see Baekhyun walking in with his hands in his pocket.

Baekhyun: "I knew you would be here." (sits down)

Me: (stands upright) "What do you want."

Baekhyun: "I know that there are some guys that are willing to stay."

Me: "What? Really?"

Baekhyun: "Yup! Like me!" (smiles sadly) "We don't have anywhere else to go. This is all we've known. We can't let it disappear that quickly. On the other hand, there are some people that want to leave."

Me: "I just don't get why... why would they want to leave?"

Baekhyun: "They want something different. You have to remember that some of these kids, didn't come cause they wanted to."

Me: "All the more reason to stay. They were brought here cause their life was in danger, but it's safe here!"

Baekhyun: "Safe? Do you think the guys that want to leave think that way?"

Me: "What?"

Baekhyun: "They just saw the person that ran the place that they thought was safe, reveal that everything was fake."

Me: "But helping people, building relationships, laughing together, being in pain together... All of that was real.."

Baekhyun: "It was but maybe they think that it's time for a change, now that that know..."

Me: "We can make that change happen here..."

Baekhyun: "You know you can leave too."

Me: "What what about all the others? Those kids who are just starting out, those kids who've been here forever... They would be... No. I won't leave these kids alone."

Baekhyun: "And I knew you would say that. I won't leave them alone either. And neither will the members that are staying." (Smiles) (Stands up) "Okay I'll leave ya to it!"

*The next day*

We all met back in the meeting room. The guys all have met up their minds and only a few are staying. The members that are leaving said that they would leave by tomorrow, and said their goodbyes. Everyone was crying, and hugging each other. The members that are leaving went to their own rooms to pack their things. I look around the room at who was left: Dino, Kai, Baekhyun, Tao, Seungkwan, and Vernon.

Me: "Okay this is our new team... There is no more Exo and Seventeen anymore. You guys are the new team. We can do this.............. Right?"

Kai: "Of course! Piece of cake" (smiles sadly)

Tao: "But I think we need to make something clear. Since both of our team leaders are leaving, Yoonmin, you are our new head of the agency."

Me: "What? No! We are all in charge!"

Baekhyun: "I don't think that it is necessary to have so many people in charge."

Me: "But you guys are all experienced and work hard too... I'd feel bad."

After couple minutes of me protesting, it was decided that I would be taking Kyle's place. That night we had our last meal as a full Exo, Seventeen, and me team. We all laughed, talked, and cried well into the night.

---------- Time skip----------

Soon it was just me that was left. Well within a year, Dino, Kai, Baekhyun, Tao, Seungkwan, and Vernon all left to take a shot at the real world.