do-over

"i've had enough!"

"i've had enough!"

and just like that she slammed the door on my face. i was left wondering, hurt and dumbstruck at how she reacted.

i know that's not how a story should start, but this one does. because ours was never an ordinary one to begin with.

we met on an escalator mishap. she was going up and i was going down, and by some weird and silly snag, her bag got caught on the umbrella i was holding, and we struggled for some 2 minutes to untangle them. we looked like two kids just playing on the escalator. when i finally managed to free her bag from my umbrella, she went on up and soon as i got down on my side, i followed her up again. want to know how sillier it got? she decided to follow me down. hah!

when we finally managed to agree on meeting up the escalator (well, she decided just so we end up somewhere), we were both laughing so hard like we've known each other for years. a coffee and dinner date later, i just knew that our lives will forever be intertwined.

it was never easy. just like on the escalator, many times we are on opposite sides. she loves arguing with me, and she's very competitive. and i let her win. i always let her get her way. even if it doesn't seem right anymore. even if it meant that i would be sacrificing a lot of things just so she gets her way.

even if it meant letting her hit me. verbally, physically. with her small frame, man, she hits hard.

but still, i let her. that's how much she means to me. that's how much i love her.

so when she slammed the door on my face, sure, i was s little surprised, and it pained me that she again did not understand my point. but it wasn't the worse thing she's done in our relationship. i will just let her be for a while, and soon she comes back. she never apologizes, but that's ok with me. and we're all good again.

it's been an hour now. she still hasn't returned any of my calls, nor sent any message. i was beginning to panic. it has never taken her this long to gather her thoughts and come back to me. she's making me worry, and i hate that. she knows how much i hate worrying over her, but that's what she always does.

she enjoys knowing that i suffer from overthinking.

two hours. five hours. ten hours. still nothing. i've called everyone we know, and they have no clue on her whereabouts. i am worried sick. i've looked in our usual places, in her usual places. she wasn't there.

has she left me for good?

"i've had enough!"

that's what she said. was she serious about this? has she ended everything between us, because she's had enough?

shouldn't i be the one to say that?

but no, never with her. i will go on suffering and sacrificing, because i love her that much. i'll give it another hour, even if my mind is screaming already on thoughts of what could have happened to her.

then i see her. in our room. she's there. she's back. and i had to muster all the courage to stop myself from throwing myself at her and apologize for whatever it is that has caused her to leave just like that.

her words took me aback.

"i'm sorry. i've been foolish. i love you, and i want a do-over. if you let me."

she had me at "i'm sorry."