Love

"You write beautifully, Maine, do you know that?"

Maine felt her cheeks warming up after RJ told her that. She is still not used hearing him give her praises, for she never got those in the past. All she ever got were curse words along with a slap in the face when she was with the Brood. She avoided RJ's stares, which are becoming a little too often lately. She has been recovering nicely since being out of the Home, being on her own and volunteering at the Women's Shelter. She is beginning to adapt to her new world, something she never thought would be possible for she felt it was safer for her inside closed doors. 'Inside' was the only place that she knows.

But after knowing RJ and learning more about how to live, she was getting accustomed to how 'outside' can also be accommodating to people like her.

"Stop it, RJ. You've only read a few pages of my journal."

"And they were written from very deep within you, and that makes your writing hauntingly beautiful."

She sighed. Only RJ can make her feel both overwhelmed and encouraged. It was a balance that she welcomes, though a bit confusing to her. But she loves him dearly, though she has never really admitted the extent of how much her heart is filled with joy when he is with her and goes out of his way to make her feel that he, too, loves her.

//

In one of the the rare days that they both have no duties - she was on her day off from volunteering and RJ's mission to another Home got cancelled - they were just hanging out at her dormitory. RJ had his laptop with him to finish some reports while she kept busy writing in her journal. She was already in her 3rd one, having finished the one that RJ gave her. Though she still kept doing her daily journal, she began toying with the idea of writing short stories. It was more of an outlet for herself, whenever she gets too drained in writing about the burdens of the women she counsels in the Women's Shelter. She enjoyed writing a different world other than the realities around her, and she enjoyed the freedom that her words create. She has let RJ read one of her shorts and, as expected, RJ was all praises for her.

"Maine? Have you ever thought of writing a blog? Or entering your stories in an online platform?"

She looked at him with questioning eyes. She has heard of blogs before, but she has never had her hands on a computer nor has she even had her own mobile phone. She knows about the internet and would sometimes look on as RJ does some research.

"See, there's this group, AMACon, and they write stories too, fan fiction, for a certain loveteam named Alden and, you will be surprised, Maine."

She brightened up when she heard the names. She has seen the pair before back at the Home, when she gets tired of writing in her journal and chances upon the TV on, and she found them cute.

"They write about them? Like, they're characters in a story?"

"Yes, these writers admire this loveteam a lot that they create stories and alternate universes for these two. I've been following them actually, and some of their stories are really great. Some are even dark, which may be, well, up your alley."