26

"Flynn, Savannah so pleased to see you" Harry, the guy that works with our father, greeted us at the door.

"Hello Harry. We aren't that late are we?" Flynn asked as we stepped into the house.

"Not at all. Come in come in" He ushered us in all the way. "Coats go right there" We hung up our coats with the others on the coat rack. "Follow me, I'll introduce you so some people"

We followed him into the unfamilar house. Last year Harry and his wife had the Christmas party at their lake house by the lake. We've never been to his house before. We entered a room full of people. "Of course you remember my wife."

"Nice to see you guys" His wife, Shelly, smiled at us.

"And you remember our children Greg, Jason and Candace" We nodded.

***

After Harry introduced us to everyone, the party began. Flynn and I stayed with each other, not daring to leave each others side due to the fact everyone was drinking and some were giving me the look. After we all ate, we mingled around a little.

"So when is your father gonna be in?" Greg asked walking up to where Flynn and I stood by the corner.

"Tomorrow if the weather holds up well enough for the plane to leave" Flynn answered him.

"I must admit I'm surprised to see you two here" Jason said making his way over and standing next to his brother. His hands full with two cups. "Here" He handed them to Flynn and I.

"What is it?" Flynn asked sniffing it.

"It's just soda. What you guys don't trust me"

"We know you that's why" I said.

"I'm deeply hurt Anna"

"I told you to never call me that"

"Yeah remember last year" Greg said to his older brother.

"Of course I do. My ex was pissed cause I couldn't have sex with her that night"

"Just a warning her kick has gotten quicker" Flynn warned trying not to smile.

"Oh shit." Jason stepped away from me and moved closer to his brother. After Flynn and I decided the drink was good to drink we drank it. Normally we wouldn't have cared what it was but since there seems to be a lot of guys and girls eyeballing us we needed to be safe. After all we have to drive all the way home afterwards.

"So how've you two been?" Greg asked.

"Fine" Flynn said sitting down, pulling me with him so I was sitting a little on his knee.

"Alright" I answered looking around the room. I noticed Flynn and I were the youngest ones here. Jason is twenty-five, Greg is twenty-two and Candace is twenty. And Jason just so happens to be Mitchel's best friend. "So Jason were is that friend of yours. Normally he's at one of these parties"

"Who Mitchel? He has a family thing. Carter didn't tell you about it?"

"Not that I remember"

"Oh well their great aunt is up from Florida and their parents got together just for it, and they wanted to kids to be home. Their great aunt is in her nineties they don't know if she'll make it next year"

"I remember Carter saying something like that."

"Yeah me too. She said something like she better hide the forks because Mitchel might piss her off and she wants to see how her parents do together after years of being separated." Flynn jumped in.