30

One word to describe how I feel right now, blah. All morning dad and Flynn wouldn't let me leave my room. But dad agreed to let me take off the boot cast since it was making my leg hurt really bad. After the boot was off dad and Flynn stayed next to me to make sure I could walk. I walked perfectly.

After they saw I could walk they let me leave my room.

Looking out the living room window I noticed Noah playing out in the snow alone.

"Dad where's Flynn?!" I yelled.

"He went into town to get all your friends together for the party your having tomorrow night." Dad said from the kitchen.

"What party?"

"To celebrate you being alive dur. And because it's new years eve."

"Will you be here?"

"I'm afraid not. I have to leave around three tomorrow afternoon, in order to make my flight to Japan in the morning."

"Ah okay"

"But I will be here to help you guys put the priceless, breakable things away"

"Alright. Hey dad can I go across the street?"

"Why?" He asked walking into the room with an eyebrow raised.

"Noah is playing alone outside."

He smiled. "Sure go on over. Dress right!" He yelled as I ran up the stairs. It looked like it was really cold outside, by the way Noah's cheeks were bright red. I put on my snowboard pants and boots, and the jacket, only to take the jacket back off. Taking a pair of snow gloves, I made sure the right one was tight around my cast. I could move my fingers, but I didn't want snow to get on my cast so I tightened the strap around. I put on my other glove, then put back on the jacket. I put a hat on my head,.

"Dad I'm going!" I yelled when I got to the front door.

"Have fun!" He yelled back. I looked outside to see if Noah was still outside, he was. So I went over.

"Having fun?" I asked. Noah looked up.

"No I'm bored. Uncle Jake is inside, he said he didn't want to play in the snow with me and dad went in town." He sighed.

"I'll play with you" I smiled kneeling down next to him.

"Wanna help me make a snowman? The one I made myself came out bad." He picked up some snow.

"Sure" I smiled. He smiled back.

Together we started making a snowman. We decided to make a big one in the front lawn. After we finished, we each made more snowmen. Jake's front yard was full of snowmen, big, small, and medium sized ones.

"It's kinda cold out. Do you want some hot chocolate?" I asked.

"Yeah, do you have some at your house?"

"Nope."

"No hot chocolate then"

"Your uncle has some"

"Really!?"

"Yeah I'll go make you some."

"Can you call me inside when it's ready? I want to make some more snowmen"

I laughed. "Alright" I got up, brushed the snow off of me and walked to the front door. Noah watched and laughed as I opened the door, not even knocking and went right in. "Jake"

"Missed me already?" He asked from behind me.

"Don't do that" I hit him with my cast arm.

"Ow' He rubbed his chest.

"I'm not apologizing"

"Fine then. Why are you in my house?"

"Hot chocolate"

"Your cheeks are red. Is it that cold out?"

"Yes. Show me the kitchen. I want some hot chocolate."

"Why don't you take your jacket off"

"Grr I want chocolate"

"Just take your things off. You'll be hot in all that." I did as he said and took my gloves and jacket off, leaving my hat, pants and boots on. Then I followed him to the kitchen, where he started to make hot chocolate. "Did you have fun playing in the snow with Noah?"

"Yes!"

"You mean you didn't miss me." He pouted.

"Why would I miss you?" I asked leaning up against the counter, watching him.

He turned around to face me. "Because"

"Because?"

"Because I'm special."

"How are you special?"

"Cause I can do this" Each of his hands were on the side of me, on the counter. With one hand he took off my hat and threw it behind me on the counter. Without moving his hands or head, his lips were firmly on mine. I kissed him back, just as fierce as he was kissing me. He pulled away from my lips, putting his head on my shoulder, where he continued to lightly kiss my neck.

"Jake"

"Mm?"

"The hot chocolates ready"

"So. Let it be"

"Jake, Noah and I want our hot chocolate hot, not cold."

"Yea uncle Jake it's called hot chocolate not cold chocolate" Noah said from the entrance way of the kitchen. I watched Noah as he walked all the way into the room and went to the fridge, which was right behind Jake. "Ewe uncle Jake let Aidan go" Noah gagged.

"No" Jake said into my neck.

"Please uncle Jake. I want Aidan to drink hot chocolate with me"

"Fine" Jake sighed into my neck, then pulled back. "Damn kid" He mumbled.

I laughed "You'll have plenty of time to kiss me tomorrow night"

"What's happening tomorrow night?"

"We're having a party."

"I can come right?" He asked looking hopeful.

"I'd be sad if you didn't"

"I'll be there then" He laughed letting me walk around him to go get mine and Noah's hot chocolate.

"Uncle Jake stop looking at Aidan like that!" Noah yelled.

"Yeah Jake stop looking at me like that" I winked.